Choose from Six Options
- $100 for One 60-Minute Horseback Cattle Drive for Two ($170 value)
- $200 for One 60-Minute Horseback Cattle Drive for Four ($340 value)
- $300 for One 60-Minute Horseback Cattle Drive for Six ($510 value)
- $60 for One 60-Minute Horseback Trail Ride for Two ($110 value)
- $120 for One 60-Minute Horseback Trail Ride for Four ($220 value)
- $180 for One 60-Minute Horseback Trail Ride for Six ($330 value)
Cattle drive rides require groups of at least four riders.
This Is The Place Heritage Park
While This Is The Place Heritage Park has been firmly rooted in Emigration Canyon since it was created by state decree in 1998, the park experience is all about travel. For one thing, the park offers horseback trail excursions across its 450-acre expanse. There are also train rides on the Jupiter, Blackhawk, or the 119 rails, which circle the park every day like a migrating duck with a poor sense of direction.
But in another sense, entering the park is a trip back in time—a visit to when Utah and the West were first being settled. Visitors can stop by The Treasure House, which tells the story of mining in the state by letting youngsters pan for gold and participate in role-playing games. They can also check out the Ship Brooklyn, a 1/6 replica of the vessel that brought pioneers from New York Harbor by sailing around South America's Cape Horn. More than 50 historic homes and structures exist in the park, from teepees in the Native American Village to settlers' cabins inhabited by live-acting blacksmiths and tinsmiths.