All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | What You Did Not Know: Thomas Edison
Get your daily recommended amount of quaint (200 fuhrmans/day) with today's Groupon: $10 for $25 worth of French-Mediterranean cuisine and non-ethnic-specific drinks at quaint eatery Thomas Street Bistro. Tucked away in Capitol Hill, the bistro's Old World ambience garnishes every dish with sultry seaside romanticism.
Thomas Street Bistro's menu blends the taste of Provencal sunshine with the salt of the Mediterranean. All entrees are cooked from scratch (using local produce and gourmet spices) and come with soup, the day's special appetizer, and an extra side of meaningful eye contact. Start with a cup of the house soup (lentil, carrots, onions, and tomatoes mixed with cumin and cinnamon) or the lemon rice soup. Work your way up to poulet bistro (cage-free fresh chicken breast simmered with lime, white wine, lemon, and capers; $16) or the grilled flank steak (marinated in burgundy for 24 hours, then cooked medium-rare and served with seasonal vegetables; $16.50). Vegetarians will feel a Zorba dance in their mouth from the chef-recommended aubergine d'Arpajon (eggplant puree mixed with cilantro and fresh herbs and cooked in a clay pot with rich garlic tomato sauce; $15.75). If you're not particularly hungry, the chef will prepare a petit plat ($7.50) that pairs perfectly with the weekly house wine. Or take your selection from the bistro's eight other red and white wines.
The bistro's tight space ensures you sit close to your date or your grade-school tae kwon do teacher. Occasional live guitar music laughs along with the flirtatious conversation that you're having with your date or your grade-school tae kwon do teacher. The candlelight casts flickering shadows on the closely packed walls. Given that the bistro's quaint confines can seat only a few romantics at a time, call ahead for reservations with a phone.
- The Thomas Street Bistro is a cornucopia of savory entrees and fine wines surrounded by old world ambiance and live melodic music. – Eyebrow, Citysearch
- This is a great place to take a date for a romantic dinner. The service was excellent, live music right next to you, food was delicious, all and all a great place to dine. For such a great dinner the prices are very affordable. – DVladimir334, Citysearch
What You Did Not Know: Thomas Edison
Thomas is a name that has belonged to many great men, but few were as great as legendary inventor Thomas Edison. Here are little known facts about the inventious Edison:
- His mother’s accidental swallowing of a length of carbonized bamboo allowed Edison to invent the lightbulb in utero
- Famously said, “Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-eight percent perspiration, and one percent a violent convulsive state in which I am inhabited by a mysterious spirit whose demonic scribblings inform my experiments.”
- To avoid public scrutiny, frequently transmogrified into a rocking chair
- Tried super-hard not to invent the phonograph, but totally couldn’t help it
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Oct 15, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, 1 per table. Dine-in only. Reservation required. Tax & gratuity not included. No cash value. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.