Golf parallels life in that the only way to escape rough patches is through aggressively swinging a club at something. Power through obstacles with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $49 for an 18-hole round of golf with cart rental for two (up to a $98 value)
- $89 for an 18-hole round of golf with cart rental for four (up to a $196 value)
Tippecanoe Country Club
If today’s golfers were to travel back in time to the founding of Tippecanoe Country Club in 1920, they likely wouldn’t recognize it. For one, it had just nine holes; it wouldn’t be expanded until renowned golf-course designer Pete Dye came along 41 years later. Something even bigger was missing, too: Lake Shafer. The course predates the erection of the dam up the Tippecanoe River that created the lake, which today forms the course’s western border. As present-day club wielders make their rounds, they traverse a triangular parcel of land that juts out into the manmade lake, requiring them to conquer nerves on water-bordering fairways or else send their golf balls to sleep with manmade fish.
Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, par-72 course
- Total length of 6,784 yards from the back tees
- Course rating of 71.4 from the back tees
- Course slope of 124 from the back tees
- Four sets of tees per hole