What You'll Get
Like antique furniture, wine gets better with age, often sits in a cellar for decades, and should never ever be sat upon. Taste the past with today’s Groupon to Tirovino Wine Bar. Choose from the following options:
- For $28, you get dinner for two (up to a $68 total value) that includes the following items:
- One small plate (up to a $16 value)
- Two entrees (up to an $18 value each)
- Two glasses of wine (up to an $8 value each)
- For $55, you get dinner for four (up to a $136 total value) that includes the following items:
- Two small plates (up to a $16 value each)
- Four entrees (up to an $18 value each)
- Four glasses of wine (up to an $8 value each)
- For $79, you get dinner for six (up to a $204 total value) that includes the following items:
- Three small plates (up to a $16 value each)
- Six entrees (up to an $18 value each)
- Six glasses of wine (up to an $8 value each)<p>
At Tirovino Wine Bar, chefs complement flights of red and white wines with an evocative menu of Italian small plates and entrees. Deal a hand of Go Fish with a deck of tuna tartare shuffled among crispy rice, avocado, and lemon chives, or draw the all-powerful Rules of Poker card with the arancini’s braised beef, green peas, and mozzarella cheese. Entrees such as the chitarra carbonara’s pancetta bread tossed with whipped eggs and parmigiano offer plenty of matches for the extensive wine list, whose options range from a Tuscan sangiovese to a Venetian pinot grigio–verduzzo blend.
The menu’s innovative blend of old and new is reflected in the elegant simplicity of Tirovino’s décor, steeped in rich wood tones, exposed brick, and simple steel-framed seating. In a window-side lounge, a pair of plump, oversized armchairs discreetly argue over who gets to lick the plates, and the horizontal cushions lining the wall recall the traditional Roman posture for consuming grapes.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 19, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Limit 1 per table. Valid only for option purchased. Dine-in only. Not valid on 2/14/12. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.