All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed December 12, 2011
· Reviewed February 4, 2017
· Reviewed January 29, 2017
What You'll Get
If humans are mostly made of water, and fish traditionally inhabit water, fish should naturally occur in the human body. Fix this gap in nature’s logic with today’s Groupon to Tokyo Fro's. Choose from two options:
- For $15, you get $30 worth of sushi and drinks.
- For $30, you get a hands-on sake and sushi lesson and tasting (a $60 value).
This self-proclaimed rockin' sushi bar ravishes crustaceous cravers with neatly wrapped, creative rolls. Choose the sake and sushi lesson and tasting, usually 1-2 hours long, for a guided introduction to the traditional pairing, and learn to intertwine tastes and sensations inside your mouth like strands of a flavor rope. If you already have a deep understanding of sake and sushi, opt for $30 worth of inventively monikered rolls, such as the Notorious BIG Al (crab, cucumber, avocado with unagi, tempura crispies, sweet soy sauce, and sesame seeds) ($10.95), the Rondizzle (tempura shrizzle, crabdizzle, with avowizzle, magrizzle, albachozzle and ron mizzle sauce) ($12.95), and the Captain Crunch (diced tempura prawn, scallions, tobiko, and Fro's secret sauce) ($6.95). New rolls are often added to the list with a big chisel.
Coupled with live music every night of the week, a club-like scene, and an attentive, friendly wait staff, Tokyo Fro's fulfills the basic needs of all human beings as defined in the Declaration of Independence. Check the online menu for pricing.
- Tokyo Fros has to be one of my favorite places to get sushi and drinks in Sacramento. The food is delicious and if you are daring enough to let one of the staff members pick some stuff out for you, you wont [sic] be disappointed. – Kat. W, Yelp
- Fros is definelty [sic] not traditional style but more of a regular hang out.... I'm sitting at the sushi bar and like every third table that walked in, the chefs knew the names of these people! Thats [sic] what made me go back. – Emeryville, Citysearch
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1/table. Valid only for option purchased. Food/drink: Limit 2/person, may buy 1 add'l as a gift. Dine-in only. Not valid for happy hour. Lesson: Limit 1/person, may buy 1 add'l as a gift. By app't only; 24-hr. cncl policy. Must be 21+. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Tokyo Fro's Rockin' Sushi
A Sacramento gem and local hangout, Tokyo Fro's is a champion of updating traditional Japanese cuisine via modern flavors and inventive presentation. Chefs dazzle palates via a menu replete with creative sushi rolls, savory tempura, and desserts that fuse Eastern and Western tastes. The chefs’ dedication to serving only the finest cuts of fish is evidenced in the fresh salmon, crab, and tuna delivered fresh to the kitchen six days a week. In addition to sating stomachs, Tokyo Fro’s offers a wide variety of craft cocktails and local craft beers that keep you coming back for more.