Cooking a meal over an open flame can impart smoky flavour and seal in savoury juices, but cooking a meal over an eternal flame can get a bobsledding team kicked out of the Olympics. Get your fill of flame-cooked fare with today's Groupon to Topsail Breeze Café and Tavern in Conception Bay South. Choose from the following options:
- For $15, you get $30 worth of comfort fare and drinks during dinner.
- For $50, you get two tickets to dinner and a jazz show on Saturday, July 23 at 7:30 p.m. (a $100 value).
- For $50, you get two tickets to dinner and a jazz show on Saturday, August 20 at 7:30 p.m. (a $100 value).
- For $50, you get two tickets to dinner and a jazz show on Saturday, September 17 at 7:30 p.m. (a $100 value).
- For $50, you get two tickets to dinner and a jazz show on Saturday, October 22 at 7:30 p.m. (a $100 value).
Resting on its laurels above picturesque Conception Bay since the mid-19th century, Topsail Breeze rewards appetites with classic Newfoundland specialties and pub fare. Arrive early with a date, a friend, or a friend's accountant to harvest prime seating for a three-hour jazz show featuring a rotating roster of local scale scholars paired with a three-course meal. A first wave of caesar salad or choice of soup accompanies each artist's introductory harmonies. Diners bet on fork-spoon wrestling matches to determine a main course of fresh, local pan-fried cod or organic, free-range chicken, which are both accompanied by creamy mashed potatoes or home fries and vegetables. Like a pie in the face at the end of a clown wedding, dinner ends with a sweet conclusion of homemade apple or blueberry crisps, flaunting fruits plucked seasonally from local orchards and patches.
Patrons dining sans music can peruse a dinner menu boasting the same dishes featured in the three-course spread, in addition to playfully piquant plates such as a pound of spice-rubbed wings splashing in spicy sauce ($11.99). Evening edibles fuse nicely with imported brews ($6.25) or coffee crafted with Torrefazione Italia beans ($2.50). Topsail Breeze also relieves the burden of dashing through time zones with an all-day breakfast menu.