- $20 for general admission for two to the Topsfield Fair including Skip the Line ($30 value)
The 2015 Topsfield Fair takes place from Friday, October 2, to Monday, October 12.
The Essex Agricultural Society organized its first fair all the way back in 1818, but even then there were elements modern Topsfield Fair attendees would recognize—the famous Cattle Show, for instance, which still draws visitors today. In 1910, the fair moved to the former Treadwell Farm property, where it's remained ever since. Here's a look at the fair by the numbers.
- 36: number of points of interest listed on the fair map, including Trianon Stage, Kiddie Korral, the show tent, Essex County Farmyard, and a flower show
- 11: length of the fair in days, ending on Columbus Day as it always does
- Hundreds of thousands: the fair's yearly attendance figure
- 6: acts set to play the Grandstand Stage, including Frankie Avalon, Grand Funk Railroad, and Brothers Osborne
- 300: approximate number of vendors, who together will be selling everything from jewelry and toys to barbecue, apple pie, and fried Oreos