What You'll Get
- $79 for a massage and facial package at Toscana European Day Spa on Newbury Street (an up to $175 value)
- Named one of the top five Best Day Spas in 2009, Toscana European Day Spa specializes in esthetic and non-invasive skin services, as well as body treatments and massages
- Skilled massage therapists will gently stroke muscles and pressure points during a 60-minute Swedish massage ($90) or Reflexology ($75)
- Toscana’s classic European facial ($85 for 60 minutes) uses vitamin C, aloe vera, and honey extract to cleanse skin
- Light exfoliation draw toxins out of pores and gives skin the oxygen it needs to breathe
- As part of owner Doina Mandrila’s commitment to quality, Toscana uses top-notch and organic products, including Eminence Organic Skin Care
- Mandrila, who has a background in biochemistry, has been in the skin-care business for more than 35 years and has worked at the famous Ana Aslan anti-aging research institute in Europe
- The two-story spa has comfortable cream-colored furniture, bare-brick walls, and high ceilings (click here for photos).
Citysearchers and Insider Pagers give Toscana European Day Spa five stars, Yelpers give it a three-star average, and Boston CityVoters made it a top five Best Day Spa in 2009. > * I have very sensitive skin and her products are always top notch and I’ve never had a reaction. My skin glows and feels nourished. – Lucyv1, Citysearch > * This place was warm and relaxing. I have also found that most upscale salons can be very snobby, but the owner and staff at Toscana were total sweethearts. I really felt welcome here. – lzsmith9, Citysearch
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 12, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 2/person, may buy multiple as gifts. Limit 1/visit. Limit 2/group, not valid for parties. Redeem starting 1/1/11. By appt only. 24-hour cancel notice or forfeit Groupon. Must use in 1 visit. Tax and grat not incl'd. Not valid w/ other offers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Toscana European Day Spa
European-trained owner and biochemist Doina Mandrila and her team of aestheticians perform soothing spa services inspired by international beauty traditions. The Orient Essence Ceremony incorporates smooth Balinese pebbles and exotic oils into a relaxing massage, and the full-body hydration of the Velvet Skin Miracle mimics the thermal springs of the city of Spa in Belgium. The spa’s luxurious facials slather skin in natural ingredients, such as dandelion and moisturizing honey. Staff also specialize in gentlemen's facials and treatments formulated specifically for teenage skin issues, such as acne. Waxing services customize or banish body hair, while massage therapy leaves bodies in a state more relaxed than if Mr. Rogers governed Hawaii.