What You'll Get
Creativity can strike at any moment, whether you're near a canvas and brushes or beside a slumbering strongman and many rolls of toilet paper. Learn to recognize opportune moments with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $15 for two drop-in circus-skills classes for an adult or a child (up to a $30 value)
- $30 for four circus-skills classes for an adult or a child (up to a $60 value)
This deal is valid for any of the following classes:
- Beginning Trapeze (adults, Monday from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.): students learn to perform gravity-defying tricks while suspended in the air
- Beginner Juggling (ages 10+, Monday from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.): this accessible class covers the basics of three-ball juggling
- Intermediate/Advanced Juggling (ages 10+, Monday from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.): thing-throwers step up their game to include clubs and juggling with a partner
- Improv/Comedy (no age specified, Wednesday from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m.): games, group work, and basic slapstick help performers learn to trust their instincts and overcome their fear of cream pies
- Stretching and Conditioning (no age specified, Wednesday from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m.): core and upper-body strength are the main focus of these sessions, which also develop flexibility
- Beginning/Intermediate Partner Acrobatics (ages 14+, Wednesday from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.): students learn to balance on each other at altitudes low and high
- Magic for Kids! (ages 7–16, Monday from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.): magician Wendal Wandell teaches adolescent illusionists how to make and perform their own tricks
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Feb 13, 2013. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Valid only for option purchased. Appointment required. 24hr cancellation notice required. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Toy Boat Community Art Space
In 2012, the Runaway Circus struck upon a brilliant idea—find an unused studio space to fix up and turn into a community art center dedicated to teaching and practicing acrobatics, juggling, comedy, and highly physical performance art. That dream became the Toy Boat Community Art Space, which today provides a home base for such acts as the jugglers Forty Fingers and a Missing Tooth and the mysterious Wendal Wandell, who conjures waves of applause with his feats of legerdemain. Those without a big-top passion project to work on at the gym-cum-art studio can participate in other upcoming events involving folk music acts, DJ sessions, goofy plays for young and old, and unpredictable comedy shows.