Ladies and gentlemen, put your hair in pin-curls and grab your best fedoras. The train to old Hollywood romance and glamour is pulling into historic Union Station with today's Groupon to Traxx Restaurant. With today's deal, you get $50 worth of simple, refined dishes, and classic cocktails at Traxx Restaurant for only $25.
While you can't apply your Groupon value to train tickets at Union Station where the restaurant is located, you won't want to go anywhere once you arrive at Traxx. With the understated elegance of Rita Hayworth, the white table linens and clean lines of Traxx's decor entice passers-by, and the simplicity of the menu seduces them to stay.
Start off an indulgent dinner with Chef Tara Thomas's signature jumbo lump crab cakes with chipotle remoulade and a fried green tomato salad with wild arugula, caper relish, and buttermilk chive dressing. Hearty entrees like spice-crusted tofu steak and pan-roasted beef tenderloin satisfy both weary travelers and the locals who come for the airy patio and people-watching. Lunch at Traxx offers many of the same plates as the dinner menu, as well as entreé salads and sandwiches like the crab, grapefruit, avocado, and mango salad with jalapeno vinaigrette and the classic reuben sandwich.
Though your Groupon cannot be used at the bar, you can use it on drinks ordered in the restaurant. Fortunately, the Traxx Martini, which features a romantic float of Dubonnet Rouge atop the classic concoction, is the perfect way to perk up your palate while your food is prepared.
Chef and owner Tara Thomas has been serving up mouth-watering menus in Union Station's glamorous, Art Deco atmosphere since 1997. Food & Wine listed Chef Tara Thomas among Los Angeles's brightest stars, and Traxx was featured in Town & Country Magazine’s "Los Angeles: Insider's Guide" and in Los Angeles magazine's "Downtown 2.0: Drinking Spots". Critics are wild about Traxx's atmosphere and savory fare:
- On a summer night, regulars at Traxx in Union Station know to ask for a table in the beautiful garden patio out back where tables are set under towering old jacarandas. With lanterns hanging from the trees in the broad grassy courtyard, and the landmark train station's grand architecture all around, Traxx's patio is one of the great secret dining spaces in L.A. – S. Irene Virbila, Los Angeles Times
- And Chef Tara Thomas' crab cakes are among the city's best: Odd-shaped balls coated with Japanese bread crumbs and deep-fried to a golden brown. Bite into them and at first there is only air, a magical illusion that gives way to seductive, creamy crab meat. – LA.com
Yelpers get in on the glamour, too, rating Traxx four stars:
- The service is very friendly and polite...The waitress was really sweet and helpful. The restaurant is very clean and cool. – Lauren S.
- I had The Best Piece Of Pork I've ever had here. It actually sprang tears to my eyes, it was that delicious. The beef my boyfriend had was perfect, too…Dessert. A pot du creme and a tart- we were in heaven! – Amani E.
- This is a great restaurant to bring out of town guests to. The food is great, and the setting is very cool, right in historic union station. – trish s.
800 N Alameda St
Los Angeles, California 90012Get Directions