All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- $229 for a mobile detail and winterizing package for a car ($329 value)
- $249 for a mobile detail and winterizing package for an SUV or truck ($349 value)
- Full detail
- Rain X on windshield and rear windows
- Ice scraper
- Battery testing
- Emergency multi-use blanket
- Fluid level checks
- .62 oz. lock de-icer
- Premium hand wax
- Inspect windshield for chips and cracks
- Headlight restoration
- Deodorization and fresh scent
- Cigarette smoke deodorization not included, but can be purchased for additional fee of $19.99
Chamois: Leaving Cars Shiny and Dry
Chamois cloth isn’t your typical towel. Read on to learn why auto detailers love its drying power.
On first glance, chamois might not seem like a great material for drying. It doesn’t have the plush fibers of a cotton towel, the dense sponginess of a microfiber cloth, or the fast action of a strong gust of wind. It just looks like an irregular piece of leather—which is exactly what it is. Chamois cloths are made of lambskin or sheepskin that’s been tanned (a way of chemically preserving leather) with cod-liver oil to make it ultra soft and durable, as well as resistant to mold and mildew. While it may look smooth, the leather is very porous and consequently very absorbent.
Chamois’s drying capabilities are twofold. When damp, its flat surface molds to the hood or sides of a vehicle or a bald person’s head. This creates a tight seal that squeegees off excess water as the auto detailer slowly pulls the cloth along the car’s body. The water that doesn’t get pushed off the surface is readily absorbed: according to New Zealand’s largest chamois producer, a chamois cloth can take in up to five times its weight in water. Meanwhile, the pores also trap particles of dirt, dust, and grime to prevent them from scratching the car’s surface.
- Since it’s soft and lint-free, chamois leather also can be used to remove smudges from smartphone screens, tablets, and TVs.
- Synthetic versions, such as ShamWow, have similarly absorbent properties. These are typically made from polyvinyl alcohol or a nonwoven rayon blend, and some claim to absorb more than twice as much as a natural chamois.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Valid only within 40 miles of zip code 14043. Extra fee of $ 10 outside service area. Merchant's standard cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed Groupon price). Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Limit 1 per visit. Limit 2 per household. Must use promotional value in 1 visit. Valid only for option purchased. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Appointment required. Additional services may be purchased. Check website for details. Additional fee of $24.99 may apply if excessively dirty or heavy pet hair. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.