What You'll Get
A philosopher once called theater “the mask of convention over the face of society in the mirror of the unknown reflecting the rear-view of the sports car of destiny.” Simplify this theory with today’s theatrical Groupon: for $14, you get one reserved-seating ticket (up to a $30 value) to see the True Colors Theatre Company perform George C. Wolfe's The Colored Museum at Porter Sanford III Performing Arts Center in Decatur. Choose from 23 performance times:
- Tuesday, March 22 at 8 p.m. (preview)
- Wednesday, March 23 at 8 p.m. (preview)
- Friday, March 25 at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, March 26 at 2:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 26 at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, March 27 at 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 30 at 10 a.m. (student matinee)
- Wednesday, March 30 at 8 p.m.
- Thursday, March 31 at 8 p.m.
- Friday, April 1 at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, April 2 at 2:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 2 at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, April 3 at 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 5 at 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 6 at 8 p.m.
- Thursday, April 7 at 8 p.m.
- Friday, April 8 at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, April 9 at 2:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 9 at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, April 10 at 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 12 at 8 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 13 at 8 p.m.
- Thursday, April 14 at 8 p.m.
George C. Wolfe's richly satirical study of the African American experience spans two centuries, investigating cultural preconceptions through a panoply of narratives brought to life by True Colors' skilled company of actors. Jasmine Guy directs the program, which draws on America's rich, conflicted history like a group of crayon-wielding toddlers set loose in Howard Zinn's library. Theatergoers will nestle into the intimate, 500-seat Porter Sanford III Performing Arts Center, which boasts top-quality digital audio and lighting equipment to craft a high-caliber dramatic experience.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Valid only for date purchased. Must be 13 or older. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.