All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed March 6, 2016
What You'll Get
Choose from Three Options
- $89 for a 45-minute boudoir photo session, two digital images, and a $25 print credit ($399 value)
- $139 for a 60-minute boudoir photo session, two fully-retouched digital images, a $40 print credit, and a $25 discount towards professional makeup ($549 value)
- $199 for a 90-minute boudoir photo session, hair & makeup, two fully retouched digital images, and a $50 print credit ($899 value)
Sessions also include:
- A personalized 10-minute phone consultation prior to shoot
- Before-your-shoot welcome, wardrobe styling, and resource guide
- Use of studio collection of props, jewelry, and wardrobe pieces
- Ability to select your image choices same day.
- 15% off any additional products ordered
Boudoir Photography: An Art Form Worth Pouting For
Boudoir shoots traditionally took place in fancy hotel rooms, where photographers could take advantage of the lavish backdrops, soft lighting, and a steady intake of beluga caviar. Find out how to best prepare for these sensual shoots with Groupon’s guide to boudoir photography.
The term boudoir is a word with dual translations—as a noun, it’s a lady’s bedroom, and as a verb, it means to pout in French—and boudoir photo shoots draw on both definitions. Photographers frequently combine the lacy underthings and silky sheets of a bedchamber with coquettish poses filtered through a dreamy, soft focus. But although it’s most commonly associated with corset-clad women draped across a velvet chaise longue, the realm of boudoir has come to embrace everything from the beauty of the pregnant form to the rediscovered femininity of a breast-cancer survivor.
Different settings, equipment, outfits, and occasions breed infinite variability into boudoir photography, but certain rules of thumb can help subjects get ready for their date with the lens. Although some preshoot primping—such as mani-pedis, false eyelashes, and hairstyling appointments—can pay big dividends, most photographers discourage preparatory tanning and are particularly wary of spray tanning, as the camera and lights can exaggerate any orange tint in the tanning solution. Instead, many boudoir specialists recommend an all-over application of lotion or moisturizer before hitting the set.
When it comes to wardrobe, the famously slimming properties of black and other dark hues can help minimize certain parts of the body, whereas white and lighter colors can have the opposite effect. Regardless of what’s worn during the shoot, virtually all studios ask clients to arrive wearing loose clothing to prevent straps and seams leaving marks on the skin.
The Fine Print
Expiration varies. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Valid only for option purchased. Appointment required; subject to availability. Merchant's standard cancellation policy applies (any fees not to exceed Groupon price). Must be 18 or older. Option 2 includes $25 toward professional makeup. Option 3 includes complete professional hair and makeup. Must use promotional value in 1 visit. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Must sign photo contract. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.