Sight, the workhorse of the five senses, puts in too many hours keeping man from falling in manholes. Give the most overworked sense a vacation with today's Groupon to the Tucson Museum of Art, which is located on its own historic block downtown. Choose from two membership options:
- $25 for a one-year family membership, which includes unlimited admission for two individuals plus any children in the household under the age of 18 (a $50 value)
- $20 for a one-year individual membership (a $40 value)
A diverse array of evocative and provocative pieces adorn the hallowed halls at the Tucson Museum of Art, which has served up a sensory feast to art-hungry hominids for more than 85 years. Armed with a year-long membership, budding art archivists can light their Blackberry torches to explore the museum's cavernous archives of current and permanent exhibitions, eventually discovering the wormhole that thrusts them forward to upcoming exhibitions. More than 1,900 works representing approximately 2,000 years of pre-Columbian art populate the Art of Latin America collection, including some galleries hosted in the historic Stevens/Duffield House, and the Art of the American West collection showcases expressions of the regional landscape and cultures. Perched atop the former Presidio of San Agustín del Tucson, the museum complex includes access to five restored historic homes donned in distinct styles that span centuries of architecture, décor, and La-Z-Boy upholstery.
Aside from unlimited admission, Tucson Museum of Art's members receive a host of additional benefits, including two general-admission passes for guests, invitations to all exhibition openings and members-only events, discounts at the museum store and for studio art classes, and subscriptions to the members’ magazine Preview and to Tucson Guide Quarterly.
Valid for new members only.
- Last season, the Tucson Museum of Art was the very model of an all-purpose city art museum, covering contemporary, traditional and local art in wide-ranging exhibitions. – Tucson Weekly
- It was fun! The art was interesting. It was a diverse collection. – djsmom11, TripAdvisor
- The Museum of Art has many eager volunteers to answer every question you might have. The way the exhibits are divided into rooms, makes one feel very comfortable and never overwhelmed by it all. You just know that you will understand and enjoy what you are seeing. – Yahoo! Travel Contributor, 06/07/06