Bodies of water are frequent metaphors in poetry due to their unfathomable depths, unknowable sprawl, and unattainable porpoises. Set sail into the enigma with today's Groupon to Turtle Tubing. Choose between two options:
- For $35, you get a River Float experience for two (up to a $76 value).
- For $60, you get a River Float experience for four (up to a $152 value).
Each River Float experience includes:
- River Float admission, including tube, life vest, and paddle (a $25 value/person)
- Round-trip transportation on the Turtle Bus from Vail, Avon, or Edwards (a $10 value/person)
- One drink per person (up to a $3 value each)
Skippered by locals who know the Vail Valley like the palm of their favorite crossing-guard's hand, Turtle Tubing sends adventurers floating down the Colorado River in single- and multi-person tubes for a family-friendly journey that lasts about three hours. The bright green Turtle Bus ferries guests toward the river, where they receive a paddle and flotation device before nestling into above-water tubes that keep feet dry and out of the reach of toe-collecting crawdads. While floating cheerily from Dotsero to Bair Ranch, sip on beer or shots in the warm summer air, or guzzle nonalcoholic drinks or mixed drinks (an additional $2). Guests must know how to swim, and are encouraged to bring sun block, a towel, and shoes other than flip flops or track spikes. Check the website for specific pickup times and locations; trips from Vail are by reservation only.