29 restored military aircraft and 60 exhibits sprawled above and below the decks of an aircraft carrier that served from 1945 to 1992
About This Deal
- Youth tickets are valid for ages 6–12 and adult tickets for ages 13 and up.
- Free admission for children 5 and under
- Click here to view the schedule
- Closed on major federal holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas).
- Paid parking available on Navy Pier and surrounding streets
- The Santa Fe Train Depot and American Plaza Trolley Station are located nearby
USS Midway Museum
The USS Midway is a retired aircraft carrier now serving as a museum on San Diego’s waterfront. During its 47 years of operation—including a decade as the largest ship ever commissioned—the Midway had around 225,000 sailors serve above and below its decks. Today, visitors can follow in the shoes of sailors and pilots and experience life aboard this city at sea.
- Size: a full aircraft carrier, with 30 restored Navy aircraft and more than 60 exhibits sprawled above and below its deck
- Eye Catcher: WWII planes on the hangar deck, including the SBD Dauntless dive bomber
- Below Deck: galley, sick bay, engine room and everything else that kept the floating city operational
- Museum Guides: docents providing first-hand accounts of life at sea, or an included audio tour narrated by Midway sailors, available in 6 languages
- Don’t Miss: Voices of Midway – a 15-minute multimedia presentation on the most important naval battle in WWII for which the ship is named
- Hands-On Activities: full-motion flight simulators (extra charge); climb-aboard cockpits; knot-tying demonstrations
- Pro Tip: It takes a while to see everything in the museum; most visitors spend three–four hours aboard the carrier
- Special Programs: WWII veteran meet-and-greets on select days. Docent talks on the flight deck describing how to land or launch an aircraft on a carrier