Choose Between Four Options
- $50 for one month of unlimited yoga classes
- $50 for one month of unlimited Yoga Nidra meditation classes
- $135 for three months of unlimited yoga classes
- $135 for three months of unlimited Yoga Nidra meditation classes
Three Things to Know About Yoga
Few fitness disciplines meld relaxation and strength-building like yoga. Read on to learn about its surprising origins and incredible diversity.
1. In Sanskrit, yoga means “union.” (The word shares a root with the English word “yoke.”) The things being united are the mind, body, and breath, as practitioners use motion to guide the thoughts toward peaceful awareness and away from the funny-looking dog walking past the studio window.
2. Historically, strength and flexibility were probably just side benefits. In fact, some of the first Indian yogis to arrive to the U.S. explicitly rejected asanas, or postures, as a distraction from meditation. Recent research by yogi and scholar Mark Singleton indicates that, starting in the 1920s, a Scandinavian fitness system known as Primitive Gymnastics became wildly popular in India, and began to meld with far older yoga traditions that were more concerned with breath and focus. Around the same time, other teachers in India traveled the country teaching strengthening and combat techniques under the guise of yoga, in the hopes of preparing to rise against British rule. This complex stew of influences eventually produced the blend of movement and meditation most Westerners recognize as yoga today.
3. Today an estimated 20–30 million North Americans practice yoga. What that looks like in practice is wildly diverse—everything from sweaty, tolerance-testing hot yoga to quick-flowing vinyasa yoga to “laughter yoga,” which combines yogic breathing with deliberate laughter to ease stress. One of yoga’s greatest virtues is its adaptability: props make classes accessible to older students, and prenatal classes teach pregnant women poses that take into account their extra-stretchy ligaments and tendency toward lower-back pain.
A Chat with U2 New U
What services does your business offer and what makes your business stand out from the competition?
U2 does Ayurvedic Ear candling, Organic facials, Therapeutic pain relieving body massage, Henna painting, body waxing, yoga and Yoga Nidra, Citrus manicure and Pedicure. U2newU is in the business since 1982 and has 39 locations in India. It is an Franchise company. U2 performs natural treatments.
What was the inspiration to start or run this business?
It is an Franchise training location and service location. This family business decided to expand along with The Villages. My husband is an Physician in the Villages that inspired me to start in the villages another location. I am in Beauty business since 25 years along with my sisters.
What do you love most about your job?
I love to make women look beautiful in and out. I make their skin youthful looking and rejuvenated. They feel good and confident. With Yoga and Yoga Nidra makes them relaxed and stress free. I love doing perfect eyebrow shape that is my passion. Even Organic facials relaxes me along with clients.
What is the best reaction you've ever gotten from a customer?
Every client says as "best facial I ever received " they feel like they had a month vacation. Skin feels very smooth. From Eyebrow shape: "My eyebrows never looked so beautiful" With ear candling they say they see every thing bright and they can hear better. Yoga Nidra: Reduced pain and stress