- Located at the tip of Point Grey
- Guided tours leave every hour
- 10% off regularly priced gifts
- Unlimited purchases
About This Deal
Though it prohibits us from bench-pressing cars, gravity is the best thing for getting water out of the sky and the only thing keeping baseball stadiums from floating away. Resist it with today's Groupon to the Greenheart Canopy Walkway at UBC Botanical Garden, on Southwest Marine Drive. Choose from the following options:
- $22 for a family admission, which includes two adults and three children (a $49.28 value)
- $11 for one adult admission (a $22.40 value)
The Greenheart Canopy Walk measures out more than 308 metres, with heights reaching up to 17.5 metres to give visitors a bird's eye view of the rainforest without uncomfortable ocular transplants. Embark on your own self-guided expedition, or head out with a tour. Tours take off every hour, guiding visitors through the lush biodiversity that surrounds the walkway, which was made using "treehugger" technology, a system of interlaced cables that leave trees physically and emotionally unscathed. Breathe in the bounty of Pacific coast rainforest as you greet an eclectic ensemble of treetop mosses, lichens, birds, and insects via sturdy treetop-cradled path.
After examining the final frontier, peruse through the garden shop for souvenirs served up at a 10% discount. In addition to helping you gain appreciation for the majestic beauty and power of nature, today's Groupon allows parents and wacky aunts to send kids out into the wilderness until they can start fires with their eyes.
Where Magazine named Greenheart Canopy Walkway one of the Top Ten New Attractions for Summer 2009, and The Vancouver Sun ran a photo-feature of the scenic trail. The Inside Vancouver blog reviewed the UBC Botanical Garden, and TripAdvisors give it a 4.5 star rating.
- As we rose above the ferns and small trees, the view of the forest was beautiful and illuminating. – Claudia Laroye, Inside Vancouver Blog
- Walking the nine aerial bridges of the Greenheart Canopy Walkway at UBC Botanical Garden is a unique experience. From high in the forest canopy, it’s possible to see unusual insects and birds. Vancouver’s rainforest climate provides exceptional opportunities to view moss, lichen and other plants. – Where Magazine
About UBC Botanical Garden
The vibrant blooms and lush foliage of approximately 50,000 plants greet visitors' eyes as they wander along the outdoor paths of the UBC Botanical Garden, the recipient of a National Tourism Award. Guest are encouraged to make small talk with plants on display, which include international varietals such as Asian maple trees, alpine and montane flora, more than 400 species of rhododendrons, and vascular plants from the rainforest.