Medieval Europeans often drank wine and spirits out of necessity, given that water was usually full of plague and Kool-Aid was considered the work of witches. Enjoy affliction-free potables with today's Groupon for one admission to the Ultimate Cocktails, Spirits & Wine Blast on Friday, October 15, at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in Times Square. Choose one of the following ticket options:
- $37 for one general-admission ticket (a $75 value)
- $47 for one VIP ticket (a $95 value)
The Ultimate Cocktails, Spirits & Wine Blast provides oenophiles and spiriteers with a dizzying array of tempting tipples and educational seminars. Sip straight-up samplings of scores of whiskeys, mezcals, cognacs, rums, tequilas, vodkas, and other liquors, or down a drink from one of the seasoned beverage-builders brought in to shake the cocktail-shakers their motherly bartending instructors gave them. Many wines, including fortified and sparkling varieties, will keep grape groupies sniffing, swirling, and singing their favorite wine-drinking shanties. Curious quaffers can complement their powerful potables with a chaser of knowledge by settling in to one of eight different hour-long seminars ($15 for VIPs, $20 for everyone else) led by recognized alcothorities, who will cover the merits of individual products—such as Partida tequila and Tanqueray No. Ten gin—as well as broader topics, such as ideal imbibables for entertaining guests.
General admission for the Ultimate Cocktails, Spirits & Wine Blast starts at 6:30 p.m., though VIPs can begin the elbow-bending at 5 p.m. In addition to their 90 minutes of crowd-free carousing, VIPs also get first shot at and reduced admission to seminars, plus special pours from many of the vendors on-hand. All ticket-holders have access to a buffet loaded down with appetizing edibles, as well as to the savory sounds of live music, which will keep toes tapping and brains buzzing with the intoxicating power of aural gin.
Must be age 21 or older, and dress clothes are preferred.
- The upcoming Ultimate Cocktails, Spirits & Wine Blast will be the perfect event for anyone looking to learn more about the world of drinks. – Stephanie Bourgeois, Diced
- The organization and thoughtful deliberation of the judges are what make the results of this competition a true industry standard and not just another marketing shtick. – Tess Rose, Examiner.com
- Get ready to try your old favorites, think martinis and cocktails, made up in totally new ways by top mixologists who really know their stuff. – ClubPlanet
Theater District - Times Square
New York, New York 10036Get Directions