Choose From Three Options
- $157 for a scuba-certification course and dive for one (a $480 value)
- $262 for a scuba-certification course and dive for two (a $960 value)
Each course includes the following per person:
- Three classroom sessions and three pool sessions (a $200 value)
- Open-water digital certification card (a $45 value each)
- Free air-fill card per person (a $60 value each)
- Five open-water dives over one weekend in Lake Pleasant (a $150 value)
- Entry to the gear rental program with credits toward gear purchases (a $25 value)
Classes take place over the course of one month, filled on a first-come first-serve basis with limited space available for each course and filz. Customers must schedule their classes in person at the shop, and provide their own scuba-quality mask, fins, snorkel, and wetsuit boots. Groupon purchasers may buy these items on site for a one time discount of up to 25% off, and may also use this discount toward the purchase of a wet suit, gear bag, and mask defog.The normal 10% student discount applies to all other purchases.
- $209 for a specialty diver course for one (a $399.95 value)
The course includes the following:
- Tuition fees ($250 value)
- Books (a $44.95 value)
- An air fill card, good for 10 fills (a $60 value)
- Specialty Diver certification card (a $45 value)
In order to receive the rating, divers must focus on two of any of the following specialties: night and limited-visibility diver, navigation, search and recovery, deep diving, perfect buoyancy, and equipment techniques.
Ultimate Dive and Travel
The certified divers at Ultimate Dive and Travel draw on years of experience to help students gain scuba-diving certification with and underwater savvy. Certification courses include classroom instruction, where students glean diving basics through textbooks, DVD lessons, and in-depth interviews with retired manta rays. Pool sessions help familiarize pupils with their equipment within the security and comfort of a swimming pool. The final legs of the course come with open dives at Lake Pleasant, where participants earn their open-water certification. Ultimate Dive and Travel is also an authorized dealer of subaqueous gear from brands such as Scuba Pro, Oceanic, Henderson, and Atomic Aquatic.