What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | Favorite Classic Arcade Games
Today’s Groupon gets you three hours of glorious video-gaming-on-big-screens action and a $5 voucher for snacks at the Ultimate Gaming Zone in Lakeforest Mall, a total value of $29. Round up your 35-year-old adult friends with 12 years of gaming experience for a grownup afternoon of artificial footballing, shooting, or guitaring.
This state-of-the-art facility just opened in 2009, so you can expect shiny new Wii, XBOX 360, and PS3 consoles free of peanut butter and congealed orange soda. These systems are loaded with more than 100 top titles, such as Guitar Hero, DJ Hero, Call of Duty 4, Tekken 6, Street Fighter 4, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Teaches Typing, and Madden 2010, among others. Since you can play multiple games on your three-hour Groupon, this is a great way to try several new titles for less than it costs to rent at a store or create using your home PC and several notable voice actors. There are also cash-prize tournaments, so you can finally prove to doubters that it is both a legitimate sport and career option (Groupon does not include tournament fees).
This Groupon also includes a $5 voucher for snacks. Use it for the energy required to make it through hours of intense concentration or as an excuse to take a break from video-game domination and cool down your thumbs in an Icee.
UGZ is the perfect escape for an adult whose job doesn't include playing professional football or for an adult looking to hone his stringless guitar chops. You can knock out some holiday shopping after your virtual battles, or drop your significant other off in a supervised video gaming environment while you buy him a new cell phone plan that runs on soft-baked pretzels or a grownup gentlemen's blazer at a Lakeforest Mall store.
- If you are into group playing death matches then this would be the place to organize a party and play till you drop. – Derryk A., Yelp
- Great place to meet other gamers. Friendly, knowledgable [sic] staff, great prices expectually [sic] with the snacks. Overall great place to hang out and just play lots and lots of games. – David T., UGZ Testimonial
Favorite Classic Arcade Games
Here are Groupon’s favorite classic ’80s arcade games:
- Pizza Problems: Help chef Anthony “Marcus” Rigatoni build the perfect pizza while avoiding “The Nasty Brothers.”
- Giant Ape, Jr.: A giant ape, who isn’t Donkey Kong, throws oil drums at an Italian electrician not named Mario.
- Packing Man: Avoid the ghoulies!
- Blasteroids: The Space Asteroid Blasting Game: Defend Earth from invading space-menaces Asymmetrical Green Orb, Something That Looks Like a Centipede.
- Duran Duran: The Game: Avoid the ghoulies!
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 12, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 4 per person, may purchase multiple as gifts. Group outings welcome, but space is available first come, first served. May not be used for tournaments. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.