All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
Reviewed August 31, 2014
Reviewed August 29, 2014
Reviewed August 13, 2014
What You'll Get
Tell a friend about today's deal and face off in a rousing match of beam-blasting at either Panther Family Laser Tag or Ultrazone Laser Tag, two of the largest laser-tag arenas in the DC area. Today’s deal gets you a 3-game pass for just $10, a $19.95 value. You and your opponents will serve and volley laser bolts across a darkened, fog-filled court in a tense match to see who is master of the laser.
Ultrazone’s super high-tech Nexus Generation system allows more than 60 players to play at once (for a virtual Crisis of Infinite Lasers, if so desired). Buckle into the transformative vests and prepare to be transported into another dimension. You’ll bravely bound through the narrow passageways and hidden corridors of this multi-level facility, competing for high scores and futuristic victory. Laser tag is an affordable way to live out video game hero dreams, work out tensions with your roommate, or live out your fantasy of starting a ragtag militia of space marines with Mark from accounting.
Instead of cartoon re-runs, treat the kids you baby-sit for to a more active adventure for the imagination. Or get your friends to grab Groupons and make it a social excursion—laser tag is great for double dates, an outing for your small jazz combo, or quintuplet grudge matches. Though this Groupon can’t be combined with group or birthday reservations, there’s nothing to stop you and your crew from showing up and playing together.
Yelpers give Ultrazone Laser Tag 3.5 stars:
- This place is like a kid's dream come true. I like to think of it as another source of fun exercise since you really get into it and sweat like crazy. – HelloKitty E.
- Oh my gosh. I love this place! I'm thinking about the one time that I went with a large group of friends last Spring and it was one of the best rainy Sundays we had all had in a LONG time. – Elena B.
- None of us had really experienced laser tag before, so I won't tell you what our scores were, but Ultra Zone made it fun even though we weren't experts. – Meredith P.
Make Lasers, Not War
Due to their portrayal as weapons of rad destruction in popular science fiction films and rock ‘n’ roll lightshows, lasers are almost exclusively associated with futuristic violence. When you’re done battling for domination of the Ultrazone, take a moment to consider these peaceful alternative uses for lasers:
- Making your cat crash into things
- Reading information off your Pan’s Labyrinth: Special Edition DVD, so you can see how they did the part with the guy
- Celebrating your anniversary by serving your sweetheart homemade corrective-eye surgery in bed
- Engraving the words Imagine More onto frosted glass motivational plaques
- Removing practice tattoos from your forehead
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 8, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per customer. May purchase multiple as gifts. Not valid in conjunction with birthday parties or other group reservations. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Ultrazone Laser Tag
Movable walls, luminous rocks, mirrors, ramps, and unexpected dead ends. These are just a few of the obstacles players face at Ultrazone Laser Tag, a multi-level arena that, much like a spring-break DJ’s apartment, is always flooded with black light and fog. Before separating more than 66 players into mulitple teams and setting them loose in the arena, a game master delivers rules and moves teammates to the vesting room, where they grab laser guns and flashing vests. As the beat of pulsing music hammers the arena, players stream into the field, launching beams at opponents and attempting to seize their strongholds. When players are hit they aren't eliminated from the action; a computer keeps a running tally of points throughout the mission and awards champion status to the team with the highest count after the game. The facility also includes an arcade and a snack area.