What You'll Get
Similar to tickling a bear without losing an arm, the art of breathing underwater requires years of practice and dedication. Introduce your lungs to aqueous awareness with today’s Groupon: for $25, you get one Discover Scuba class (a $50 value) from Underwater World at one of the following locations:
- Ambler YMCA, Ambler (Wednesdays)
- Central Bucks South High School, Warrington (Thursdays)
- Central Bucks YMCA, Doylestown (Tuesdays)
- Elbow Lane Day Camp, Warrington (Saturdays and Sundays during the summer)
- Hatboro YMCA, Hatboro (Mondays)
- Kinger Middle School, Southampton (Tuesdays)
- Newtown Athletic Club, Newtown (Wednesdays)
- Northeast YMCA, Philadelphia (Thursdays)
- Pennridge High School, Perkasie (Wednesdays)
- Simmons Elementary School, Horsham (Tuesdays)
- Upper Dublin High School, Fort Washington (Mondays)
- Upper Moreland Middle School, Hatboro (Tuesdays)
Underwater World fetes water-exploration enthusiasts with a plethora of scuba services, such as a shop of surface-plunging equipment, diving excursions, and classes passionately dedicated to aqueous sightseeing. Scuba students begin with 30 minutes of classroom instruction that includes a scuba-focused video that fills your gills with helpful tips about the ensuing pool experience, what measures to take to become a certified diver, and what to expect when diving in the real world amid fish-filled skyscrapers and sidewalks pounded by job-searching coral reefs.
Retreat to the hour-long stint in the substitute ocean, where you'll don a mask, fins, snorkel, and newfound knowledge regarding the proper usage of each before bedecking yourself in full scuba gear and traversing the medium depths while breathing through a scuba regulator. You will have some time to respire and swim in your new water outfit while searching for secret pool portals to hidden seas bursting with your long-lost mer-mailmen. Since all necessary equipment is provided, you'll only need to bring a bathing suit, towel, and lock for your locker in case anyone tries to plunder your can-do attitude.
This Groupon must be redeemed through Underwater World, not the individual locations.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 11, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy multiple as gifts. Reservation required. Must be 10 or older. Must be 18 or older or be accompanied by guardian. Must sign waiver and medical statement. Must bring bathing suit, towel, and a lock. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.