Museums bring history alive, like a skeleton found underneath your house. Dig up the past with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $20 for one one-year individual or couple membership for two adults living at the same address (a $40 value)<p>
- $30 for one one-year family membership for up to two adults and all children 17 and younger living at same address (a $60 value)<p>
- Free or discounted admission to 300 other science museums
- Complimentary planetarium passes (two for individual or couple memberships; four for family memberships)
- 20% discount at the museum store
- Access to members-only events
- Subscription to The Display Case newsletter
- Birthday gifts for children under 10 (family membership only)<p>
University of Michigan Museum of Natural History
The University of Michigan Museum of Natural History showcases a wealth of knowledge about the living world with focus on anthropology, zoology, and paleontology. On the Museum's second floor, the hall of evolution houses fossils and dioramas of dinosaurs, prehistoric whales, and mastodons. On the third and fourth floors, a wildlife gallery explores Michigan's native flora and fauna through taxidermy mounts and habitat scenes, anthropology displays feature archeological finds from around the world, and geology exhibits highlight colorful amethyst clusters and sparkling pyrite crystals. The butterfly garden provides a living example of the natural world. Its 55 herbaceous perennials—including goldenrod, black-eyed Susan and spicebush—attract butterflies through all four of their life stages, from egg to caterpillar to chrysalis to fully grown winged beauties.
Extending its reach beyond the galaxy, the Museum's recently renovated Planetarium projects the night sky on a dome. Sitting under the curved screen, visitors can travel to the most distant reaches of the universe. As part of its efforts to get families involved in hands-on learning, the Museum also runs weekend demonstrations, leads dinosaur tours, and partners with local libraries for its Family Reading and Science Program.
94% of 82 customers recommend
“It is a wonderful experience and the best thing going, especially for young people. It's like having our very own miniature Smithsonian in Ann Arbor. Suggest people...”
“It is a wonderful experience and the best thing going, especially for young people. It's like having our very own miniature Smithsonian in Ann Arbor. Suggest people go on a Sunday to visit as they can park free in the U of M lots. It's great destination for all ages. It has a planetarium too.”
“Wonderful!!! So much more than a simple family membership. Thank you for offering!!!”