According to folk etymologists, the term barbecue is derived from the French barbe coup, referring to the annual pig picking commemorating the infamous Bearded Rebellion. Celebrate saucy beards with today's Groupon to Unkl Moe’s BBQ & Catering on West Avenue., the family-operated eatery delivers meticulously prepared soul food and time-tested barbecue dinners to Rochester’s carnivorous denizens. Unkl Moe's delectably deep fried turkeys put a tasty twist on a Thanksgiving Day dinner, much like candying the yams with Skittles or hiring Patrick Stewart to play your father-in-law. Head to Unkl Moe’s and choose one of the following three options:
- $10 for $20 worth of dine-in or carryout BBQ fare (check out the menu here)
- $23 for a 12–14 lb. BBQ turkey (a $47.25 value)
- $36 for a 12–14 lb. deep fried turkey (a $72.25 value)
Rochester City Newspaper reviewed Unkl Moe's BBQ & Catering. The Democrat and Chronicle included the restaurant's mac and cheese in a list of the area's best. Three TripAdvisors give it an average of four owl eyes.
- A more casual, welcoming atmosphere, you won't find elsewhere. No gltiz, just food that makes your soul happy to be there. – 2toots, TripAdvisor
- Unkl Moe's food is some of the best available at any of the area soul food spots…. Service is attentive and friendly. – Michael Warren Thomas, Rochester City Newspaper
493 West Ave.
Rochester, New York 14611Get Directions