Watching a movie on the big screen makes audience members feel like they’re really there with the characters, especially during climactic popcorn-eating scenes. Chew and view with this Groupon.
Choose Between Two Options
- $75 for two regular festival passes (a $150 value), which include reserved seating for all film screenings
- $145 for two VIP festival passes (a $300 value), which include:
- Reserved seating for all film screenings
- Entry to the VIP Charity Gala taking place on Friday, March 9 at 7 p.m.
- Reserved seating for premiere of Machine Gun Preacher followed by VIP Afterglow cocktail party at What Crepe in Birmingham<p>
Uptown Film Festival
Birmingham’s Uptown Film Festival honors area filmmakers reaping the benefits of the Michigan Film Incentive, which—since it was passed in 2008—has stepped to the forefront of the film industry with the creation of more than 11,000 jobs. Comedies, dramas, and documentaries from the Mitten and beyond squeeze into the projector’s cylindrical glow at the Birmingham 8 and Birmingham Palladium 12 theaters, where several films will be debuting their Michigan premieres. Festive galas and postshow parties allow cinephiles to drop spec scripts in the drinks of their favorite filmmakers, each of whom longs for an award from a discerning crew of local professionals and film critics.