It takes a lot of people to make a great dining experience, from the chef to the servers to all the extras having pretend conversations around you. Have a real good time with this Groupon.
What You Get
- $30 for $50 worth of international comfort food
- See the menu.
How It Works
Reservations may only be made at times available on Groupon. You may select "Buy & Book" to book at purchase, or book later by following these steps:
- Purchase deal.
- Visit "My Groupons" or tap the mobile app to make a reservation.
- Select day and time online to secure reservation.
- Show up for your reservation and mention your name and the word “Groupon” to the host—they’ll be waiting to welcome you.
By offering a broad selection of craft beers, wines, and specialty cocktails as well as cuisine that ranges from classic finger foods to heartier entrees, Uptown Lounge manages to combine the revelry-inducing spirit of a nightlife spot with the welcoming ambiance of a casual restaurant. Intimate lighting, blooming plants, and cinched fabric partitions all lend a warm vibe to the space. The mood grows livelier on evenings when the lounge hosts live musical performances. A jazz trio serenades audiences on Tuesdays, and DJs get guests' toes tapping and tails wagging when they their sets on Friday and Saturday nights.
Internationally Inspired Comfort Foods
The chefs aren't shy about working with flavors from across the world. Here is a small sampling of the menu's diverse offerings:
- Slow-cooked barbecue beef brisket
- Chicken teriyaki dumplings with plum dipping sauce
- Margherita pizza topped with tomato, buffalo mozzarella, and fresh basil
- Hummus with vegetables and warm pita bread
- Steak fajitas accompanied by guacamole, sour cream, and pico de gallo
From the Press
- New York magazine: "Splashed with purple and pink and dotted with large potted plants, the interior of this tropically inclined restaurant-bar makes for a colorful change from the neighborhood's interchangeable wood-paneled pubs."
- Time Out New York: "Though the name suggests Upper East Side swank, this sprawling, 3,000-square-foot watering hole screams sports bar....Still, the steady crowd of locals that packs the place is a testament to its appeal..."