The boot camp's outdoor circuit training incorporates props from picnic tables to hills
About This Deal
Choose Between Two Options
- C$29 for six weeks of outdoor boot-camp classes, with two classes per week (C$189 value)
- C$49 for six weeks of unlimited outdoor boot-camp classes (C$289 value)
The outdoor boot camp focuses on endurance-building circuit training, with workouts that incorporate steep hills, picnic tables, and the athlete’s own body weight.
Classes are held at the following days and times:
- Sir Winston Churchill Park: Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 6:30 p.m.
- Christie Pits: Monday and Wednesday evenings at 6:30 p.m.
- Riverdale Park: Wednesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. and Saturday mornings at 11:30 a.m.
About Urban Core
Even though Urban Core's boot camps run on a regular twice-weekly schedule, the workouts themselves are unpredictable. This is because the staff know that once the body adapts to a fitness regimen, it burns fewer calories per workout. So to prevent this type of fitness plateau, they designed boot-camp workouts that change constantly to maximize calorie-burning and keep the body guessing. The outdoor boot camps also creatively incorporate nature's workout props, such as steep hills and five-pound leaf piles shaped like dumbbells.
Helmed by Lauren Mazur, a fitness expert who spent her childhood as a competitive gymnast, the studio offers classes beyond boot camps, as well. Yoga and Pilates sessions, for example, build lean muscle, whereas walking classes offer low-impact cardio workouts that gently ton physiques. And to accommodate particularly busy schedules, the team of trainers even makes personal training house calls.