What You'll Get
|_Jump to: Reviews||The Greatest Adventure_|
Click above to buy tickets for “Snow Tubing & Beer Tasting” on 1/23/10 at 8 a.m. Click on the links below for other dates and seating locations:
- Buy here for “Snow Tubing & Beer Tasting” on 1/09/10 at 8:00 a.m.
- Buy here for “Snow Tubing & Beer Tasting” on 1/09/10 at 9:30 a.m. SOLD OUT
- Buy here for “Snow Tubing & Beer Tasting” on 1/23/10 at 8 a.m.
- Buy here for “Snow Tubing & Beer Tasting” on 1/23/10 at 9:30 a.m. SOLD OUT
- Buy here for “Snow Tubing & Beer Tasting” on 1/30/10 at 8 a.m.
- Buy here for “Snow Tubing & Beer Tasting” on 1/30/10 at 9:30 a.m.
- Buy here for “Snow Tubing & Beer Tasting” on 2/06/10 at 8 a.m.
- Buy here for “Snow Tubing & Beer Tasting” on 2/06/10 at 9:30 a.m.
- Buy here for “Snow Tubing & Beer Tasting” on 2/20/10 at 8 a.m.
- Buy here for “Snow Tubing & Beer Tasting” on 2/20/10 at 9:30 a.m.
Mixing alcohol with high-speed vehicles is generally frowned upon in polite society, as well as in rude society. Today’s deal gets as close as you can legally get to combining the two: $80 for a Snow Tubing & Beer Tasting excursion through Urban Escapes (a $119 value). This tour includes round-trip transportation, a lift pass, snow tube rental, certified guides, and a brewery tour with five beers for your tasting pleasure. Bring waterproof pants, layers, a liter of consumption water, and cash for your snow-lunch.
Your excursion will depart from the corner of 4th Ave. and 12th St. at either 8 a.m. or 9:30 a.m. Because Urban Escapes doesn’t like to wait around for late-comers, make sure to get there 20 minutes early. During this time you can make snow-buddies in line, and give each other cool winter code names like “Ice Frog” and “Cider.” From there, Urban Escapes will drive you up to one of the Northeast’s premier snow tubing spots. With 12 different runs, from “bunny slope” to “not covered by your insurance,” you’ll find a surprisingly diverse number of ways you can zip down a snowy hill inside a tube. You can grab some serious air-time on the tight turns. You can shift your body weight for extra zig-zag. Or you can just straight-up race the people in your group you’ve only recently made friends with, but feel compelled to vanquish in some way, which is where the code names will come in especially handy.
After a morning on the slopes, you’ll spend an afternoon at a local brewery. After a private tour that teaches you the ins and outs and what-have-you’s of brewing, you’ll get to sample five different kinds of beer. Urban Escapes will have you back in Manhattan at around 6 p.m., so no one in so-called civilized society will have to know that you’re a secret winter daredevil.
- Throughout the day, there was lots of laughing, squealing and helping each other over rocks and through slick patches of mud. I was surprised how quickly a team mentally developed among the group. We were all strangers, but after a day of hiking, I knew everyone’s name, profession and a good deal more. – Nkechi Nneji, CNN Travel
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jan 23, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Valid only for event on 1/23/10 departing at 8 a.m. Must arrive 20 minutes prior to departure time. Must be 21 years or older. Must sign waiver. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.