Like choosing a prom date, choosing a favorite wine necessitates sampling a variety to determine which one will produce the nicest bouquet. Enjoy the fruits of competitive courting with today’s Groupon to Urban Flats. Choose between the following options:
- For $17, you get a Wine Down Wednesday experience for two (a $34 total value). Each experience includes:
- A wine tasting
- Samples of flatbreads and appetizers off the menu
- For $27, you get a dinner for two (up to a $55 value). Each dinner includes:
- Choice of one appetizer (up to an $11 value)
- Choice of two entrees or flatbreads (up to a $13 value each)
- Two glasses of wine (up to a $9 value each)<p>
Urban Flats puts a modern twist on the classic pairing of pizza and wine by crafting gourmet flatbreads served with carefully selected wines from around the world. For wine-centric evenings, pairs can nibble on flatbread and appetizer samplings in between sips from an array of international vinos. To create tiptop tastings, Urban Flats uses a temperature-controlled system that preserves wines at their ideal temp, preventing oxidation and fever-induced rants.
Chefs prepare 17 whole-wheat flatbread concoctions, ranging from the mozzarella-and-tomato-topped classic to a spicy shrimp-and-chorizo version, using farm-fresh ingredients and a stone-hearth oven. Dining-duo members can begin their palate-awakening tour with an appetizer such as the lobster-loaded mac ‘n’ cheese as they consult the menu or the oracle at Delphi to decide between flatbreads and entrees. Seasonal selections include baja mahi tacos, blackened and loaded with sesame slaw, pico de gallo, and avocado salsa. The worldwide wine selection ranges from effervescent Italian prosecco to bright whites and bold, dark, or passive-aggressive reds.