What You'll Get
Jump to: Reviews | Rural Zeke's
If you're a dude who occasionally gets haircuts, today's Groupon to Urban Joe takes care of three cuts for $39 (that's only $13 per cut). Urban Joe is a no-appointment, no-frills, no-nonsense men's salon for busy guys who don't need color and a perm. If you're looking for something more, check out today's side deal: a 50-minute THE RUBB massage at HALO [FOR MEN].
For most guys, a haircut is a spur-of-the-moment, fly-by-the seat-of-your-pants, pilot-a-commercial-airline-with-formal-training kind of decision. That's why Urban Joe lets you show up and write your name on the chalkboard. Because the only service Urban Joe offers is men's haircuts, you won't have to wait long. While you do wait, you can relax and watch live sports and concerts on one of two 42-inch LCDs.
Customers aren't just praising Urban Joe's manly ambience and quick service, but also the talented, friendly barbers. All but one reviewer on Yelp was overly pleased with the quality of their cuts and the affordable price. One can only imagine if these reviewers had today's Groupon: their nods at the affordable prices would look something more like this.
Redeem your Groupon at the classic Lakeview Urban Joe, or check out the brand-new, opened-today Wicker Park location.
Urban Joe's Lakeview location has Yelpers dishing out four stars:
- "Great concept for male barber shop. Put your name down on a board, grab a magazine, and wait for your haircut. No upsell, no pretension, and you get exactly what you want." – curious t.
- "Josh gave me the best fade ever; he spent time on my hair and was meticulous. I also enjoyed the fact he was conversational and was having a good time." – Jim H.
- A very friendly, helpful, and knowledgable [sic] staff greeted me and treated me like a regular. Ashley did a wodnerful [sic] job on my hair--very thorough and responsive to what I expressed I wanted." – Matty Z.
Urban Joe's closest competition for no-frills men's cuts is Rural Zeke's Hair Cuts and Wormery in Wicker Park. Here's a script for a Rural Zeke's radio commercial:
Zeke here. Tired of long hair? I was. Do you need a hair cut and worms also? I did. Then I moved to the city and opened this store that cuts hair and has worms too.
Here's what some reviewers are saying about Rural Zeke's:
- I'm always looking for a basic cut and I got it at Zeke's. He was also selling worms. – Jeff K.
- I'm a father of four, so I don't spend a lot of time fussing over my hair. The cut I got was perfect and no fuss. The owner then tried to sell me some worms. – Davis R.
- As a college student, I always need worms. I didn't get a haircut, but I was impressed with the wide variety of worms and the owner's enthusiasm for selling worms to me. – Chris J.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jan 1, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person May purchase multiple as gifts Must use all 3 within 6 months Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.