Send a dozen roses to a secret crush, bring a blush to your sweetie's cheek with a bundle of happy sunflowers, or make it up to your mom for not calling enough with the "I'm a bad son" bouquet. Today's Groupon is a gift that everyone will want to quickly put in water (no, not kittens, you sicko): $25 gets you $50 worth of pretty, pretty flowers from Urban Meadows, Chicago's only non-profit florist. Urban Meadows is run by Thresholds, an organization that provides support and services for people with severe mental illness. Buying this deal brightens the lives of more people than you might think.
Choose from any arrangement on the Urban Meadows website. Urban Meadows has scads of lovely arrangements for any occasion, or no particular occasion at all. Its birthday arrangements start at about $30 and go up to about $125. Take a peek at romantic arrangements such as the Magical Moonlight for $39.99 or a dozen red roses for $59.99. Delight your mail carrier with the lasting, exotic beauty of an orchid plant for $54.99. Thank your soundman for a stellar mix with a stellar mix of Gerbera daisies for $39.99. Urban Meadows delivers to Chicago and the immediately surrounding suburbs. Delivery is $7 in the Loop, $11 outside the Loop, and $13.50 outside Chicago.
Grab this deal to make someone's day, or add a splash of floral cheer to your own parlor, den, or sitting room. You'll make the world a little more beautiful and support a worthy cause.
Note: Tax and delivery not included.
Urban Meadows has been featured in Daily Candy, which applauds these buds with a mission:
- Urban Meadows, the city’s only nonprofit florist, is also a psychiatric rehab program run by Thresholds Rehabilitation Industries, created to help people with mental illnesses. From flower design to delivery and sales expertise, participants gain vocational training and experience, developing self-sufficiency and self-esteem along the way. – Daily Candy
Yelpers give Urban Meadows a spotless rating:
- I just received a beautiful bouquet of gerber daisies from Urban Meadows and couldn't be happier! – Lisbeth D.
- Don't let the non-sophistication of their web site fool you--their arrangements are wonderful, and modern, and they are great at customized orders. Their customer service and delivery is always top notch! – Ingrid G.
- I also love the idea of supporting a program that helps those in need by purchasing something you would have bought anyway. – Alison M.
Oxymora Fauna and Flora
If Urban Meadows sounds like an oxymoron to you, consider that many species thrive in urban environments, some owing their very existence to the unique ecosystem (or uniquecosystem) particular to the hustle and bustle of the big city. How many of the following do you see in your city every day?
- skyscraper mites
- gutter dolphins
- dumpkins (pumpkins that only grow in dumpsters)
- falafel squirrels
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.