Open to male and female students 14 years and older, classes teach safe core fitness, cardio training, and basic self-defense skills
What You'll Get
Choose Between Two Options
- $64.80 for one month of Muay Thai kickboxing and CORE fitness classes ($180 value)
- $32 for two weeks of Muay Thai kickboxing and CORE fitness classes ($90 value)
Three Things to Know About Kickboxing
Kickboxing is a popular form of competitive fighting, but it really encompasses many different combat disciplines. Read on to learn more about this martial arts—and fitness—mainstay.
1. Kickboxing is many disciplines in one, incorporating moves and techniques from many martial arts. Punches, kicks, elbows, clinches, and takedowns are all fair game. As such, styles can vary widely among martial-arts purists, boxers, and fighters who work to cultivate a unique approach.
2. Its versatility translates well to fitness. Kickboxing balances upper- and lower-body flexibility with cardiovascular exercise, making for an effective full-body workout. Practitioners also get the benefit of learning self-defense techniques, getting a leg up on their peers who only know how to chuck a treadmill at an attacker.
3. It’s not that old. Kickboxing is quite popular in Thailand, which is also home to Muay Thai—a form of boxing, practiced as a regulated sport since the late 19th century, in which fighters don gloves and other pads. In 1966, a Japanese karate promoter became infatuated with Muay Thai—and particularly the full-contact striking that’s not allowed in karate—and saw an opportunity to blend the styles. He prepared three karate fighters to take on Muay Thai specialists, and the competition was fierce enough to inspire the birth, a few years later, of kickboxing as an organized sport.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Reservation required. Must sign waiver. Younger than 18 must have guardian-signed waiver. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift(s). Valid only for option purchased. All goods or services must be used by the same person. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Bushido Martial Arts and Fitness
Practitioners of kenpo, jujitsu, muay thai, and other forms, the instructors at CORE Fitness and Conditioning are standard-bearers for body weight and strength training. But it isn't just self-defense and physical training—the New England schools teach students to practice patience, to use their minds before their muscles, and to develop the sense of discipline needed to avenge their teachers' fender-benders.