Dining out in groups helps to fuel lively conversation and ensures backup in the event of a slow clap. Applaud a fine meal with today’s Groupon to Van Diemens Cafe & Bar. Choose between the following options:
- For $23, you get a burger dinner for two (up to a $48 total value), which includes:
- Two burgers with rustic fries (up to a $13 value each)
- Two 16-ounce draft beers (up to an $8 value each)
- One order of fried oreos (a $6 value)
- For $39, you get a burger dinner for four (up to a $96 total value), which includes:
- Four burgers with rustic fries (up to a $13 value each)
- Four 16-ounce draft beers (up to an $8 value each)
- Two orders of fried oreos (a $6 value each)
At Van Diemens Cafe & Bar, bartenders pour cold imported and domestic drafts to wash down bites of generously sized burgers. Groups of friends can wrap hands around 9-ounce Angus patties on the Diemen burger topped with cheddar cheese, bacon, and sautéed onions, all served with an order of rustic fries. Adventurous eaters opt for the Aussie burger’s beets, pineapple, and a fried egg, three ingredients that form a Venn diagram with delicious at its center.
Patrons can toast nights out with icy pours from a tap, such as Speakeasy Prohibition ale’s amber balance of malt and hops, before navigating the hot melted symbiosis of the simmering fried oreos. Van Diemens creates an eclectic atmosphere with historical and contemporary accents, such as tin tile ceilings, exposed brick walls, and two backlit bar areas fit with flat-screen TVs. Occasional DJs get toes tapping, and trivia nights bolster knowledge sure to impress coworkers or know-it-all GPS systems.
Van Diemens Cafe & Bar
Moonlight cascades through the massive central skylight at Van Diemens Café & Bar, and casts an opalescent sheen across patrons chattering over Australian-inspired dishes. High ceilings draw eyes up to a second-floor loft, where glasses laden with draft brews and selections from the bar's extensive cocktail menu and wine list leave dewy rings on tables. Crimson booths and long bars offer ample room to cheer, pump fists, and darn a mascot's oversize novelty socks during basketball and football games aired on Van Diemens' TV screens.