All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- Planetarium admission allows visitors to watch a Friday or Saturday Night show.
- Click here to view the schedule
- Free admission for children aged 2 and under.
- Family Membership includes:
- Unlimited grounds admission
- Mansion tour tickets
- Planetarium shows for two adults and four children under the age of 18
- Select museum programs and events
- 10% discount at the gift shop
- Invitation to the annual Members Reception
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Only new members may redeem for family membership option, not valid for membership renewals. All voucher options are not valid until 24 hours after purchase. Planetarium tickets only valid for regularly scheduled shows at 8 p.m., 9 p.m., and 10 p.m. on Friday and Saturday evenings. Vouchers do not guarantee entrance into a Planetarium show. Entrance into a Planetarium show is only guaranteed once the voucher is redeemed in person, only the night of the selected show, in exchange for tickets at the Admissions desk. Shows may sell out before vouchers can be redeemed, resulting in the customer to not be able to receive a ticket for that show. Excludes special programs and live performances with higher ticket prices. Please check the evening planetarium show schedule for the date of your planned visit to make sure there are no special events or programs that preempt normally scheduled shows. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gift(s). Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Vanderbilt Museum
Spend a fascinating day at the Eagle’s Nest estate of William K. Vanderbilt II, heir to one of America’s greatest fortunes. Drive through the elegant iron gates and view the same stunning panorama of Northport Bay and Long Island Sound that delighted Mr. Vanderbilt when he arrived each summer. His mansion and museum will take you back to the celebrated era of the Gold Coast.
- Size: 43-acre waterfront historic estate.
- Permanent Mainstay: The historic, Spanish Revival-style mansion, built in stages between 1910 and 1936, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Filled with centuries-old paintings and furnishings collected by William K. Vanderbilt II on his world travels, the Mansion is a living museum of a vanished age.
- Eye Catcher: Enjoy an intriguing, history-filled guided tour of the Vanderbilt mansion’s living quarters. Hear tales of the Vanderbilt family and their world-famous guests. Marvel at the collections in the natural-history and cultural-artifact museum galleries. Stroll the gardens and tour the marine museum and animal habitats.
- Hidden gem: William K. Vanderbilt II, during oceanic expeditions, collected thousands of specimens of birds, invertebrates and marine life for his museum, some of the new discoveries. With artisans from the American Museum of Natural History, he created stunning animal- and marine-habitat dioramas and galleries. His collections include a 3,000-year-old Egyptian mummy and a 32-foot whale shark, the world’s largest taxidermied fish. the museum.
- Don't Miss: The Planetarium, is one of the largest in the United States. In the 60-foot domed theater see sky shows and recreated celestial events.