Like most modern conflicts, the rivalry between soft and hard tacos will not end until one side gets eaten by a bear. Broker a culinary truce with today’s Groupon to Vega Mexican Cuisine in Hartsdale. Choose between the following options:
- For $24, you get dinner for two (up to a $66 value) that includes the following:
- Choice of two soups or salads (up to a $12 value each)
- Two classic Mexican favorites (up to a $21 value each) <p>
- For $15, you get lunch for two (up to a $34 value), valid from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, that includes the following:
- Two soups (up to a $7 value each)
- Two lunch specials (up to a $10 value each)
Amid the vibrant décor of Vega Mexican Cuisine, chefs treat patrons to a menu suffused with gooey quesadillas, piping-hot soups, house-made tortillas and salsas, and a host of organic ingredients. Diners can warm belly motors with a bowl of creamy poblano chili soup—corn kernels, potatoes, and mushrooms drenched in cheese—beneath the watchful eyes of a Frida Kahlo portrait or anchor fork tines in a salmon salad drizzled in a honey-chipotle creamy dressing. An eclectic assortment of chandeliers bathes colorful booths in warm lighting as dinnertime eaters sup on shrimp fajitas, which conceal adobo spices and Carmen Sandiego beneath a medley of onions, bell peppers, and cilantro.
A septet of quesadilla options stockpiles such ingredients as marinated chicken breast, grilled vegetables, Mexican sausage or slow-roasted shredded pork. Patrons can break from noontime hopscotch duels and refuel midsections with chilled avocado soup with jalapeños and a lunch special that may include a rice-, beans-, and steak-stuffed burrito or a vega burger cloaked in caramelized onions and poblano peppers.