You can’t puff on planes and you can’t light up in the library—today’s Groupon is your last chance to save the rarefied preserve of the endangered cigar consumer. Velvet Cigar Lounge is one of the few remaining smoking sanctuaries where these gentlemanly creatures can enjoy delicious hand-rolled tubes of tobacco goodness in unharried comfort. Save the species by taking advantage of today’s deal: $20 gets you $40 worth of the Velvet Cigar Line of Cuban-seeded joy.
The lounge exudes a mature, masculine vibe perfect for simulating relaxation, stimulating relaxation, and simulated relaxation. You’ll find friendly hostesses, jazz music gently jazzing the eardrums, and a cozy, comfortable ambience. Bring your own beverage ($8 corkage fee) to enjoy while you chomp your stogies and nod off into a smoke-induced dream in which King Arthur invites you to share his home. You can also drop in and pick up some hand-rolled cigars for a gift or a refined finish to an upcoming dinner party.
Blended with quality tobacco, there’s a Velvet Cigar to suit every taste. Try the Cooper, a delightfully earthy and mild smoky treat (starting at $35 for a six-pack). Searching for a savory smoke? Try the Tompkins, a lusciously leathery and robust pleasure puff (starting at $30 for six-pack). Or choose the Astor for a silky, medium-bodied puff with notes of coffee and nuts. A variety of sampler packs allow the neophyte puffer to freely roam in unexplored tobacco terrain.
This Groupon is great for a group of guys celebrating any occasion—engagements, weddings, or just being guys.
- By far the least pretentious cigar bar I've ever seen. It is really a place for people who enjoy a fine smoke and don't want to be surrounded by social climbers attempting to look cool. Besides, the place is far too small to become a scene. – Steven V.
- This place is really a nice and very chillaxed place, I wasn't a big fan of cigars but my boyfriend introduced me to them and basically started to like it. – Renvie R.
Cool Places for a Hot Smoke
Smoking bans are enforced in more and more places, forcing cigar smokers to find creative locations to enjoy their hobby. According to Cigar Admirer Weekly, the current trendy spots for cigar admirers to congregate and puff are:
- abandoned boxcars
- snooty museums, just to freak out the squares
- series of underground caverns that link to other underground caverns
- zeppelins, where the flammable hydrogen adds to the cigar’s rebellious mystique
80 E 7th St
New York, New York 10003Get Directions