- $129 for a bungee jump for one at Young’s High Bridge ($160 value)
The value of this Groupon also includes a $10 annual membership fee to the club. Spectator passes available for $20. Up to 4 spectators per Groupon. This Groupon is valid for a jump during 2016 season, which runs from May–October.
Something thrilling happens in the space between the Kentucky River and the historic bridge 240 ft. above its waters. The Young's High Bridge, which was built for the railroad in 1889, now serves as the primary jump site for Vertigo Bungee. Each of the company's guides (appropriately called jumpmasters) has more than 20 years of experience and tens of thousands of jumps over the course of their careers. Impressive stats, but Vertigo Bungee also specializes in the number 1: specifically, they train people to take their very first bungee jumps. Here's why they're up to the task:
- Media Attention: Vertigo Bungee and its jumpers were often featured on MTV Sports and other programs during the 1990s.
- An Exclusive Location: The company owns Young's High Bridge, which means they're the only ones who have access to this scenic and historic jump site.
- Safety is Key Among many other safety features, Vertigo Bungee uses a redundant jump system with two or more connections at every juncture and cords rated for ten times the weight of the average jumper.
- Multiple Jump Options: With a bit of training and practice, Vertigo Bungee has people making both front and back dives. There's even the option to dip into the river at the bottom of jumps.