• Our tours in Manhattan and Brooklyn depending on your preference start at 6.00pm and finish at approximately 12.00am, Tours can run later or finish earlier if you need to get to bed early, you will still have time to see at least three different venues/bands.
• The location of the tours varies according to the music program available on the night of your tour.
• Door charges are included in the tour price.
• You will discover new music, experience the real NYC music scene, and meet some real characters including musicians, audience, bar keepers.
About This Deal
Charismatic Greenwich Village, industrial Flatiron District, and grungy Lower East Side. Walk the pavements where Bob Dylan, Miles Davis, Jaco Pastorius, Hiram Bullock, David Bowie, Jimi Hendrix, Allen Ginsburg, Jack Kerouac, and Roy Lichtenstein congregated to inspire and create. Legends of folk, jazz, funk, beat poetry, and pop art gravitated towards the industrial charm of Manhattan below 14th Street. Home to famous ‘Electric Lady Land Studios' as well as intimate, no-frills music clubs.
Expect the Unexpected! Three venues with an optional fourth for the night-owls. Type of venues vary according to the program available.
Subway and easy walking between venues.
Sometimes, there may be a line outside a venue. We try to avoid these lines but sometimes they are inevitable. You will meet many musicians while waiting in line.
Our venues do not have kitchens and we recommend to eat before the tour. There will be a chance between venues to pick up a slice of pizza at one of NYC’s famous establishments.
WHAT TO BRING?
Open mind and ears.
Ear plugs: some gigs are really, really loud.
6.00pm - 7.00pm We will meet at a designated location within walking distance of our first venue, which will be emailed to you upon booking.
7.00pm arrival Walk to first venue where we will spend approx 1 hour or one set.
8.00pm Next stop some food, quick easy.
8.30pm Second venue walking distance no longer than 10 minutes
9.30 - 10.00pmThird venue depending on program could be via subway
11.30pm - onwards: Fourth venue is optional for late nighters and a chance to jam somewhere for the musicians.
Your admission tickets are paid for.
Drinks and food are not covered by A-Train.
Most venues have a two drink minimum, however not always enforced. Remember you can order non-alcoholic drinks too :)
As we require you to meet us at the designated point we don't pick you up so ar the end of the evening you may travel back to your accomodation as you please. We suggest late night taking a taxi or UBER.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Minimum age is 21 years
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
New York City, New York City, New York
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: We will depart from a designated meeting point about a ten minute walk from our first music venue. The address will be supplied upon booking.
Dates: See Availability
Return point: Our Tour will end at a different location point to our meeting place, however will be accessible to subways and taxis.
3 to 5 hours
New York, NY, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the A-Train Jazz Tours NYC in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.