This tour meets in the first parking lot in the Greenbrier section of the Smokies. Please follow directions below as GPS is not accurate. This walk is a great introduction to the Smokies lead by real naturalist guides and historians. The Great Smoky Mountains National Park contains the largest collection of human artifacts of any park in the country. Take a walk with your professional guide back to a bygone era as we visit one of these treasures on a beautiful and easy walk in the woods. Explore an old settler cabin, barn, and cemetery. Your local service provider has been guiding people in the Smokies for twenty one years and has twice received the coveted REI Top Guide Award. This tour is lead by a highly trained and skilled professional naturalist guide who is passionate and knowledgeable about the Smokies. For your safety and peace of mind, your guides are certified as Wilderness First Responders and in non lethal bear aversion techniques.
What You'll Get
Come for a guided nature walk and explore the best of what the Great Smoky Mountains National Park has to offer. For two decades, your naturalist guides from A Walk in the Woods have safely taken over 100,000 people through these mountains. They'll lead you to some of the most magical places in North America. You'll learn about the natural and human history of the Smokies in a fun and delightful way. You'll hear Cherokee lore and maybe an Appalachian tall tale. You'll learn what the Native Americans and Settlers did for food and medicine before there were grocery stores and pharmacies. You might even sample a tasty mountain treat. Every guided walk is geared towards enjoying the journey at a pleasant pace, using all of your senses to explore nature in a new way.
You will also explore a small family cemetery, a 19th century barn, spring-house and restored cabin, and more. The difficulty for this 3-hour tour is considered easy, with a few moderate spots.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Rating: the difficulty of this tour is easy with a couple of moderate spots
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Gratuity of 10 to 20% recommended for good service
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Snacks: peanut based (peanut butter crackers or trail mix). Please advise in advance if someone has a severe peanut allergy.
- Professional guide
- Gratuities are appreciated for good service.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the A Walk in the Woods in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.