Welcome aboard for a family friendly 2 hour San Francisco Bay sailing tour aboard USA 76, an International America’s Cup Class racing yacht that challenged in 2003 for sporting’s oldest active trophy, the America’s Cup. Our Express Sails operate with reduced sail area which means we will sail with just the jib sail (forward sail) and will not be using the main sail on this trip. (jib only). Departing from PIER 39 in San Francisco on select summer afternoons.
What You'll Get
Your trip will begin by checking in at Gate B, Pier 39 fifteen minutes prior to departure (Gate B is located behind the Aquarium of the Bay on the east side of Pier 39 close to The Embarcadero). Upon departure, we will introduce the crew, have a safety brief, and share some history about the yacht. Then it is time hoist the sail and go yachting! The Express Sail is our best value option and will operate with reduced sail area making it more family friendly. This sail will take place on an afternoon when the current is flowing out of the Bay and the winds will be blowing into the Bay. Under these wind against current conditions, the yacht performs best with reduced square footage
Participation is encouraged! You get to fill active crew roles and will have the opportunity to spin the sail trim controls known as “coffee grinders,” take your turn at the helm, or simply sit back and enjoy the ride on this high-performance America’s Cup racing yacht.
While we are sailing you will enjoy spectacular views of San Francisco and the surrounding communities. We have complimentary water and energy bars available during the sail. There are no restroom facilities aboard this race yacht so we will instruct you where to use the restroom on land before departure.
Our crew enjoys sharing their knowledge about the America’s Cup and sailing on San Francisco Bay so bring lots of questions. If you enjoy your experience, gratuities for the crew are greatly appreciated.
Both your Captain and the yacht are licensed by the U.S. Coast Guard for passenger service. USA 76 is a very stable yacht and seasickness is never a problem for our guests. USA 76 can accommodate up to 20 guests at a time.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund. Visit ACsailingSF online to view the real-time status of each trip.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- US Coast Guard licensed Captain plus professional crew
- Bottled water & energy snacks
- Waterproof pants and warm jackets on board if needed
- Landing and facility fees
- Bottled water
- Gratuities (recommended 15%
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the ACsailingSF, Inc. in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.