Learn to surf in Santa Cruz during a 3-hour clinic designed with the beginner in mind. Novices are welcome, as well as anyone who has tried surfing but could use some tips for balancing on the board and catching a wave. You'll get plenty of practice with paddling and pop-up techniques while learning about wave breaks, ocean conditions, and safety in and out of the water, including surf etiquette. Includes all necessary equipment.
About This Deal
This clinic was designed with the beginner in mind – we welcome complete newbies as well as people who have tried surfing on their own for a while and still need help. We will walk you through all the basics to get you started and catching waves! Participants will begin with a land-lesson to learn about ocean awareness, wave breaks, ocean conditions, safety in and out of the water, wave etiquette, paddling, push up and pop up techniques, as well as riding waves and balancing. Then, students will move in to the water and start out in shallow areas riding the whitewater until they are comfortable with venturing further out. Our instructors are all CPR/First-Aid and lifeguard certified, and ready to teach you the basics of surfing. Participants can expect approximately 2 hours of water time in a 3 hour lesson – the start of the class does have some “setup” time built-in to get people suited up and down on to the beach, and the land lesson can take about 30-35 minutes. We provide a safe and non-threatening environment for the beginning surfer! Come have fun learning how to surf and explore the wonders of the ocean with our experienced guides!
• Cowell's Beach, 21 Municipal Wharf, Santa Cruz, CA 95060-5459
• Adventure Out, Santa Cruz, CA 95061
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Professional instructor
- Surfboard and necessary gear
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Parking fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Adventure Out LLC in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.