No large groups here 8 kayakers max! From the Ships Store guests will hop in our passenger van and we will drive 1 mile up to launch from a discreet small craft only boat ramp. From here guests will start their paddle through the salt marsh, a popular feeding zone for numerous long-legged wading birds and river otters. 30 minutes in guests will notice a change in habitat, transitioning into Mangroves rather than grasses, indicating a change in salinity and elevation. This is where you will enter one of the best Mangrove Tunnels in the county. After numerous mangrove tunnels, creeks and ponds and hopefully tons of wildlife guests will then empty out into the Port of The Islands residential area. This is the last 30 minutes of the tour and you can expect to see alligators, great blue herons, possibly baby bull sharks and hopefully manatees. This is the most diverse and unique tour in the region and you can expect to see more wildlife than most other locations.
What You'll Get
No large groups here! If guests require single kayaks please visit our website. Our tours are small by design and our Manatees and Mangroves tour is the absolute best location in Collier County for spotting manatees from your kayak. Manatees are most abundant here during the colder winter months. Guests can expect to see manatees (best during colder periods), alligators, numerous bird species all while kayaking through some of the most extensive mangrove tunnels in the area. During the Winter months with colder water temperatures, the manatees congregate in large numbers in the deeper canal. The canals deeper water does not cool down as much as the surrounding Gulf of Mexico waters. Providing the manatees with water temps above 68 degrees. We will spend around 30 minutes in the canals looking for manatees and around 2-2.5 hours in the mangrove tunnels and salt marsh habitat. This is considered a "down winder" type tour. Guests will hop in our passenger van which will shuttle you 1 mile down the road allowing us to kayak back to the marina around 4 miles. This gives us an oppertunity to visit new water the whole tour.
• Port of the Islands Marina, Naples, FL 34114
• Everglades City, Everglades City, Florida
• Everglades National Park, Everglades National Park, Florida
• Naples, Naples, Florida
• TEN THOUSAND ISLANDS NWR, 3860 Tollgate Blvd Ste 300, Naples, FL 34114-5444
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Old Town Twin (two person) Heron Kayaks
- PFD (life jacket)
- ACA Certified Kayak Guide
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Adventure Paddle Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.