Journey to Blue Spring State Park, winter home to one of Florida’s largest populations of Manatee. Witness hundreds of these "sea cows" relaxing in the spring alone. Observe these creatures from a safe distance in your kayak as your Florida Master Naturalist introduces you to the flora and fauna that make up this wild area. This is a great trip for the entire family!
What You'll Get
Once everyone meets at the boat ramp, your guide will go over basic paddling instruction, paddling safety and how to safely interact with Florida wildlife. A release of liability form will have to be signed before participating.
Paddle for approximately 10-minutes to the spring and your awaiting Manatees. Your guide will point out the best viewing places and answer any questions. After everyone gets a big dose of Manatees you will be guided to the Snake River for a paddle through a crooked creek with an abundance of wildlife.
This area of river is packed with Manatee, Otter, and sunbathing Alligators. Overhead Bald Eagle, Osprey and Red Shoulder Hawks scan the water and marshes for their next meal. On the river bank you can spot large wading birds, Coots, Moorhens and the occasional Wild Hog.
On the way back to your car, there is a final stop with the Manatees so you can get a little more manatee action and say your goodbyes to these friendly creatures.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- There is no minimum age however all participants must know how to swim
- It is recommended that you bring a swimsuit, towel, waterproof camera and wear clothes that can get wet and possibly dirty
- To ensure a proper size kayak is available, please provide your individual heights and weights at the time of booking
- There is no restroom at the meeting location. There is a public restroom at Valentine Park (1511 W French Ave, Orange City, FL 32763) about a mile before you arrive the meeting location that we recommend you use before your tour.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Landing and facility fees
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Blue Spring State Park
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Adventures in Florida in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.