Our full-day tour covers about 45 miles of incredibly diverse and unique terrain. You'll drive through water crossings, mud, sand dunes, wide-open river banks, wooded trails and moon-like surfaces, and more. Expect breathtaking sights and thrilling wildlife encounters. The ride will reward and the sights will delight well beyond your expectations.
We have easy and fun to operate Polaris Sportsman Touring 570 2-seat ATVs and Polaris General 1000 UTVs in either 2 or 4 seat configurations. The machines are great for first-timers or pros. We'll provide helmets, goggles, face masks, riding gloves, and all the instruction you'll need. Even those who have never driven one of these machines are pros by the end of our tour!
We'll meet you at the trailhead in the "Knik River Public Use Area" parking lot (Google for directions) on Sullivan Ave in Palmer.
This is the bucket list tour!
Book early to assure you get the vehicles you want!
What You'll Get
Just outside of Anchorage is majestic, almost otherworldly landscape surrounded by towering snow-capped mountains that encompass a vast valley, pristine rivers, canyons, sand dunes, and abundant wildlife. Most impressive are the glaciers that seem to be everywhere you look. It's the breathtaking 100 square mile Knik Glacier at the end of the valley that is our destination - a place so foreign, that it was used for the setting of a Klingon ice planet in the film Star Trek VI.
We meet at 9am at the Knik River Public Use Area parking lot where we'll have a brief orientation, gear-up and hit the trails. We'll take multiple stops along the way to the glacier to view and photograph various attractions and wildlife. We'll stop for snacks and beverages at the half-way point. Once at our destination, feel free to explore the ancient ice, iceberg-hop, hike the moraine, or just relax by the fire and soak it all in. We'll have a hot and hearty lunch along with hot beverages.
You'll experience so much on the way to and from the glacier during the 50 mile round-trip that it's hard to put it into words. You'll be re-remembering things that happened on the trip for weeks. The adrenaline rush will last longer than your vacation!
We'll be taking videos and pictures of you and the group along the way and we'll create a custom video of the tour and email it to you along with the pictures so that you have something to share your experience.
If you only do one tour in Alaska, this is the one to do. You will experience it all in about 8 hours that go amazingly fast!
Shuttle service available from Anchorage
Booking Details: We have availability for 4 drivers and 8 passengers - 12 total guests - on each tour with our ATVs and sideXsides. Booking is broken down into ATV Driver, SXS Driver, ATV Passenger and SXS Passenger - please choose all that apply for your group. A minimum of either 2 drivers of ATVS/UTVs or 1 SXS driver with 2 accompanying passengers is required for booking this tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Minimum age to drive a vehicle is 18 years
- Minimum age for a passenger is 4 years
- Minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately (see below). If conditions are extremely poor and deemed unsafe and cancelled, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Waterproof outer layers and tall boots are suggested for the above-freezing months
- Extra layers are suggested
- Not recommended for people with back, neck or shoulder injuries
- If your physique isn't as robust as it once was, then we recommend driving a SXS for your maximum enjoyment - especially on the longer tours
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Bottled water
- Hot beverages
- Lunch at the moraine
- Use of helmet, goggles, face mask, and riding gloves
- Knowledgeable local guide
- Incredible experiences and sights
- Private tours available
Knik River Public Use Area, Palmer, AK 99645, USA
7 to 9 hours
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Alaska Glacier Experience in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.