How to get to Denali National Park? There’s no finer way to arrive than aboard Alaska Railroad’s flagship train, the Denali Star. Passengers especially appreciate the panoramic views, as on a clear day the route offers incredible views of the train’s namesake peak: Denali, the tallest mountain in North America. We recommend that passengers made advance reservations for accommodations at the Park, as it is not possible to get to and from Denali from Anchorage by rail in the same day. A return rail journey from Denali to Anchorage may be booked separately for a subsequent day.
Groupon Customer Reviews
About This Deal
The route spans two of Alaska’s five geographic regions – Southcentral and Interior Alaska. On a clear day, passengers enjoy sights of the train’s namesake peak: Denali, the tallest mountain in North America. Traveling between Anchorage and Talkeetna, the train crosses the Knik River with the Chugach Mountains as a backdrop. Just south of Talkeetna, watch for views of Denali rising high above the Susitna River. North of Talkeetna, the tracks veer away from the road system and into the backcountry Hurricane area; this region offers views of the snaking Indian River, the occasional remote cabin and the expansive sight of Hurricane Gulch from the top of a 296-foot bridge. Just south of Denali National Park, Broad Pass offers majestic views of the Alaska Range in all directions; north of the park, the train winds along Healy Canyon, following the curves of the Nenana River below.
• Depart Anchorage at 8:20 am
• Arrive Denali 3:40 pm
• Explore Denali National Park on your own, accommodations booked separately and at own expense
• (Option for accommodations or next day return trip by rail back to Anchorage or on to Fairbanks - to be scheduled directly with Alaska Railroad after booking)
Snack bar and optional dining available for purchase.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants (0-1) may be added to a reservation as lap children (not requiring a paid, reserved seat) but they must be registered in the booking. To register an infant as a lap child, please indicate so in the “Special Requests” option in the final checkout and include the infant’s name, age and gender.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Please visit our Coronavirus (COVID-19) Passenger Information and Resources page: https://www.alaskarailroad.com/passenger-information
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- One-way rail transportation from Anchorage to Denali
- Alaskan tour guide providing narration throughout journey
- Comfortable reserved seating
- Optional dining and snack bar
- Lodging in Denali
- Tours and activities in Denali
- Return transportation
- These options can be booked independently or through Alaska Railroad directly after booking.
Anchorage Depot, 411 W 1st Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
Parks Hwy, Denali National Park and Preserve, AK, USA
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Alaska Railroad Corporation in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
deal is final saleMerchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts. Learn about Strike-Through Pricing and Savings