What You'll Get
- Up to 12 mile mountain bike ride in the Chugach Mountains with a local, experienced guide
- Soak in beautiful views and keep an eye out for wildlife such as moose, bald eagles, bears and dall sheep
- All inclusive biking trip: round trip transportation, biking equipment, lunch, snacks and water included
- Morning or afternoon departures to suit your schedule
- Small-group ensures a personalized experience
Go above and beyond Anchorage and get into the mountains with a local leading the way on this 5.5 hour tour. Meet your guide at the Log Cabin Visitor Center in Downtown Anchorage and drive 30 minutes to the the Flattop Scenic Overlook in Glen Alps. Get acquainted with the landscape as you are now 2,000 feet up looking over Anchorage and the Cook Inlet. Looking north at the viewpoint, your guide will point out points of interest that can be see from here. Your guide will fit you for a bike and helmet, then the group will head south into the mountains. Biking out Glen Alps into the Chugach Mountains you will be on a wide double track trail that is dirt and gravel. The fat tire bikes you will be riding are mountain bikes with 5 inch tires; making them very stable with a lot of cushion and fun to ride.
The valley floor is home to moose, bears, snow shoe hairs, ptarmigan and the mountain sides are home to dall sheep and wolves. Learn about the natural and human history of the Chugach Mountains from your guide along the way. Five miles up valley you have left the city and most people behind. Fuel up on lunch next to a small mountain lake while listening to the ground squirrels and birds chips away.
Total mileage possible to bike on this 4.5 hour trip is 12 miles with a total elevation gain and loss of 900 feet. Biking back into the valley is gradually up. You will earn your lunch on the way out and then have a faster, easier bike ride back to the parking lot.
Back at the parking lot, load up, sit back and relax on the short drive back downtown. Make sure to ask your guide for their favorite local dinner spot. They can drop you off at your hotel downtown or if your ready for food, at a restaurant of our choice downtown.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Closed toe shoes required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 14 years
- Fat tire bike
- Rain gear
- Biking gloves
- Round trip transportation in Mercedes Sprinter Van
- Local and experienced biking guide
- Bottled water
- Pickup and drop-off from downtown Anchorage
- All taxes and fees
- Gratuities (optional)
All tours meet and depart from the Anchorage Visitor Center Log Cabin located in downtown Anchorage.
9am and 2pm: Monday through Sunday
* Please arrive 10 minute prior to departure *
4 hours 30 minutes
Anchorage Visitor Center Log Cabin: 546 W 4th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Alaska Trail Guides in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
ALL SALES FINAL. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply. See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.