A VIP private wildlife and landscape photography canoe tour. The history of Algonquin Park, Canoe Lake and Tom Thomson is also extensively covered.
Two adults (up to 210kg total) join the Algonquin Adventure Tours founder, Stuart L. Letovsky, for 3 hours of interesting education, spectacular views, gourmet dining, fun stories and connecting with nature. Paddling Algonquin Park since 1981, and professionally guiding since 1996, Stuart has intimate knowledge of all things Algonquin.
An eco friendly 3hp electric motor get you across large sections of water. Stuart paddles in the tranquil areas. Your hands are free for photos or included HD binoculars.
Tom Thomson fans can literally walk in the famous artists footsteps when we visit his memorial and other locations. We use step stools for entering and exiting the canoe, so your feet don't need to get wet.
Veteran owned local business. Proceeds support our Canoe4Cancer program (free tours for patients). Any age ok. No smoking.
About This Deal
DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tom Thomson Memorial, Canoe Lake, Algonquin Provincial Park, Ontario Canada
For those interested in the history of Canada's most famous artist, Tom Thomson, we can stop at various historic sites where his spirit could still be painting. For participants more concerned with photography and possible wildlife encounters, those landmarks can be skipped.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Algonquin Provincial Park, Haliburton, Ontario K0J 2M0 Canada
Explore the history and nature of Canada's oldest provincial park.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Canoe Lake Access Point, Highway 60 At Km 14.1, Algonquin Provincial Park, Ontario Canada
Our departure/return and canoe instruction are on the beach at this location.
Duration: 15 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We have life jackets for all sizes (including infant)?
- Boat limit is 210kg of total (both) passenger weight, including photo/personal gear. 150kg individual maximum due to seat limitations.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required for travelers
- COVID-19 vaccination required for guides
- For proof of vaccine, Canadians must present a paper/phone document with working QR code. Failure to confirm will result in no departure and forfeiture of all fees. Visitors from other countries must present their respective country's document, ideally with a QR code. Guest temperature may be taken.
- Guided by company founder, Stuart L. Letovsky
- Canoe with revolutionary 3hp quiet electric motor, life jackets
- Gourmet meal (sandwich or breakfast pastries) from Henrietta's Pine Bakery
- Visit secluded corners of Canoe Lake for intimate nature observation
- Detailed area history
- Swimming is possible (wear your suit, if interested)
- HD binoculars for each participant
- High quality tour photos (via Facebook)
- Rain poncho (for those who don't have their own protection)
- Entry/Admission - Tom Thomson Memorial
- Algonquin Park vehicle permit (must purchase 'HWY 60 Corridor' location on ON Parks website)
- Optional tip
- Entry/Admission - Algonquin Provincial Park
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Algonquin Adventure Tours in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- DEAL FEATURED AND CHARGED IN US CURRENCY.
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates.
- Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- See Viator voucher terms under "Viator Vouchers" here.