Enjoy aerial views of blue ice-fields and hanging glaciers as you glide past the rugged peaks of the Chugach mountians. During your tour, your pilot will land on a glacier and you will have the once-in-a-lifetime chance to step out and explore the ancient ice. This 90-minute tour includes an extended return flight over the majestic waters of Prince William Sound, where you'll see a spectacular 400-foot-tall tide-water glacier and look for seals and otters in the blue fjords. Don't forget your camera - this trip is a photographer's dream.
What You'll Get
Departing from Girdwood Airport, you'll get a bird's-eye view of one of North America's most heavily glaciated regions. First, you'll experience the beauty of giant mountains and hanging glaciers from the air. When the pilot lands on the pristine glacier, you'll have time to walk around and explore. Have your camera ready - this is something you will never forget. Next, you'll journey to Prince William Sound, for some of Alaska's most breathtaking vistas. Giant walls of ice enter the sea of the fjord; otters, seals and icebergs dot the landscape. As you return toward Girdwood, keep a lookout for moose, bear and mountain goats along the steep cliffs and valley floor.
• We offer a complimentary pickup and transfer from any hotel or B&B in Girdwood, or you can park your private vehicle at our hangar.
• Please arrive 15 minutes before your flight.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Lap infants under age 2 are free of charge provided they do not occupy a seat
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Round-trip shared transfer from any Girdwood hotel or B&B (if required)
1 hour 30 minutes
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Alpine Air Alaska in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.