Experience the pure enthusiasm of Alaskan Huskies while mushing on an alpine glacier! Your tour begins with a helicopter flight to a remote glacier camp. Next, you'll ride a dog sled on beautiful journey around an alpine snowfield! This is the dogsledding tour of a lifetime. (This tour departs from the town of Girdwood, located just 35 miles south of Anchorage).
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Alpine Air Alaska, 599 Mt Hood Dr, Girdwood, Anchorage, AK 99587
From the Girdwood airport, you’ll enjoy a short, scenic flight to a remote camp on Punchbowl Glacier. Guides from Iditarod legend Mich Seavey’s Ididaride Sled Dog Tours will introduce you to the lovable dogs and teach you about the musher's lifestyle before your dogsledding adventure. Take in spectacular views of glaciers and peaks as you ride on the sled, you'll even get a chance to drive the dog team yourself. This is a unique Alaska experience you’ll always remember.
• Scenic 15-minute flight to and from a remote camp on Punchbowl Glacier
• The camp is managed by the Seavey family, renown for raising teams of Iditarod champions
• Meet the friendly Alaskan Huskies; learn about the musher’s lifestyle and historic Iditarod race
• Plenty of photo opportunities of you on the glacier, driving the dog team, playing with the dogs!
• We provide light weight rain jacket and pants, fleece gloves, and outer boots that slip over your shoes
We offer a complimentary round-trip transfer from any hotel or B&B in Girdwood. Driving to Girdwood? Park at our hangar.
• We ask all guests to arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled flight time so you can take part in a short safety briefing before your tour.
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Small infants (prior to walking) may ride on an adult’s lap free
- Operates on a snow-covered glacier, possible cool temperatures and occasional rain, please dress appropriately
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Please arrive 30 minutes before your tour time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Round-trip shared transfer from any Girdwood hotel or B&B (if required)
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Alpine Air Alaska in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.